Self-assembly and nanotechnology systems [electronic resource] : design, characterization, and applications
- Yoon S. Lee.
- Hoboken, N.J. : Wiley, c2012.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (xx, 459 p.) : ill.
- Lee, Yoon S. (Yoon Seob)
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- pt. 1.Building Units. Self-Assembly Systems
- Nanotechnology Systems
- pt. 2. Design. Identification of Self-Assembly Capability
- Identification of Multi-Step Self-Assemblies
- Control of the Structures of Self-Assembled Aggregates
- Hierarchy and Chirality of Self-Assembled Aggregates
- Assembly with Multiple Building Units
- Directed and Forced Assemblies
- pt. 3. Applications. External Signal₆Responsive Nanomaterials
- Nanomaterials with Intrinsic Functionalities
- Nanostructures: Designed to Perform
- Nanoproperties: Controlled to Express
- Nanofabricated Systems: Combined to Function
- Nanomechanical Movements: Combined to Operate
- pt. 4. Characterization. Assembly Forces and Measurements
- Assembly Processes and Critical Behaviors
- Assembled Systems and Structural Properties
- Modeling and Simulations
- Epilogue: Informatics for Self-Assembly and Nanotechnology Systems
- Publisher's Summary
- A fundamental resource for understanding and developing effective self-assembly and nanotechnology systems Systematically integrating self-assembly, nanoassembly, and nanofabrication into one easy-to-use source, Self-Assembly and Nanotechnology Systems effectively helps students, professors, and researchers comprehend and develop applicable techniques for use in the field. Through case studies, countless examples, clear questions, and general applications, this book provides experiment-oriented techniques for designing, applying, and characterizing self-assembly and nanotechnology systems. Self-Assembly and Nanotechnology Systems includes: Techniques for identifying assembly building units Practical assembly methods to focus on when developing nanomaterials, nanostructures, nanoproperties, nanofabricated systems, and nanomechanics Algorithmic diagrams in each chapter for a general overview Schematics designed to link assembly principles with actual systems Hands-on lab activities This informative reference also analyzes the diverse origins and structures of assembly building units, segmental analysis, and selection of assembly principles, methods, characterization techniques, and predictive models. Complementing the author's previous conceptually based book on this topic, Self-Assembly and Nanotechnology Systems is a practical guide that grants practitioners not only the skills to properly analyze assembly building units but also how to work with applications to exercise and develop their knowledge of this rapidly advancing scientific field.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781118103708 20160607
- This book serves as a companion that expands on the author's previous book by using the concepts from that book as a foundation for an informatic approach to self-assembly, which can be directly expanded into nanoassembly and nanofabrication, providing an effective way to design/fabricate nanofabricated systems. These topics can be used to develop a variety of nanotechnology systems effectively and efficiently, which promises to pave the way to green nanotechnology with its potential for economically sound and environmentally friendly nanoscale processes.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781118087596 20160607
- Publication date
- Available in another form
- Print version: Lee, Yoon S. (Yoon Seob). Self-assembly and nanotechnology systems. Hoboken, N.J. : Wiley, c2012 ( 9781118087596 )
- 9781118103708 (electronic bk.)
- 111810370X (electronic bk.)
- 9781118103678 (electronic bk.)
- 111810367X (electronic bk.)