Asymptotic behavior of generalized functions
- Stevan Pilipović, Bogoljub Stanković, Jasson Vindas.
- Singapore ; Hackensack, NJ : World Scientific, c2012.
- Physical description
- xiii, 294 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Series on analysis, applications and computation ; v. 5.
Math & Statistics Library
|QA297 .P54 2012||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 283-292) and index.
- Asymptotic Behavior of Generalized Functions: S-Asymptotics F'g-- Quasi-Asymptotics in F'-- Applications of the Asymptotic Behavior of Generalized Functions: Asymptotic Behavior of Solutions to Partial Differential Equations-- Asymptotics and Integral Transforms-- Summability of Fourier Series and Integrals.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9789814366847 20160607
- Publisher's Summary
- The asymptotic analysis has obtained new impulses with the general development of various branches of mathematical analysis and their applications. In this book, such impulses originate from the use of slowly varying functions and the asymptotic behavior of generalized functions. The most developed approaches related to generalized functions are those of Vladimirov, Drozhinov and Zavyalov, and that of Kanwal and Estrada. The first approach is followed by the authors of this book and extended in the direction of the S-asymptotics. The second approach - of Estrada, Kanwal and Vindas - is related to moment asymptotic expansions of generalized functions and the Ces'aro behavior. The main features of this book are the uses of strong methods of functional analysis and applications to the analysis of asymptotic behavior of solutions to partial differential equations, Abelian and Tauberian type theorems for integral transforms as well as for the summability of Fourier series and integrals. The book can be used by applied mathematicians, physicists, engineers and others who use classical asymptotic methods and wish to consider non-classical objects (generalized functions) and their asymptotics now in a more advanced setting.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9789814366847 20160607
- Asymptotic expansions.
- Publication date
- Series on analysis, applications and computation, 1793-4702 ; v. 5
- 9789814366847 (hbk.)
- 9814366846 (hbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: