Handbook of qualitative research in education
- Cheltenham, UK ; Northampton, MA : Edward Elgar, c2012.
- Physical description
- xix, 620 p. : ill ; 24 cm.
LB1028 .H314 2012
- Unknown LB1028 .H314 2012
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Contents: 1. Introduction: Leaving Damascus PART I 2. Sociology of Education: Advancing Relations between Qualitative Methodology and Social Theory 3. Anthropology and Education 4. Social Identities and Schooling: Ethnographic Studies 5. Linguistic Perspectives in Qualitative Research in Education: A Brief History 6. History and Ethnography: Interfaces and Juxtapositions 7. Feminist Perspectives on Qualitative Educational Research 8. Queer Theory, Qualitative Research and Education 9. Indigenous Methods in Qualitative Educational Research PART II Non School Settings 10. Vocational Education and Training: Sites for Qualitative Study 11. Walk this Way, Talk this Way: Qualitative Research on Professional Education 12. Ethnographic Studies in Higher Education: Mapping the Field 13. Teacher Education: Qualitative Research Approaches 14. Apprenticeship: Reflexive Method for Researching Education in 'Non-formal' Settings 15. What Happens inside Total Institutions? Qualitative Methods Explored 16. In Cyberspace: Qualitative Methods for Educational Research PART III Data Collection 17. Photo Methods in Research: Education in Focus 18. Mobile Methods 19. The Uses of Life History 20. Gathering Narrative Data 21. Jane's Three Letters: Working with Documents and Archives 22. Memory Books as a Methodological Resource in Biographical Research 23. Digital Video Journals in Educational Research: Turning the Camera on Yourself 24. 'Traditional' Ethnography: Peopled Ethnography for Luminous Description 25. Autoethnography 26. Interviewing Individuals 27. Testimonio as Critical Qualitative Methodology: A LatCrit Case 28. Using Focus Groups 29. Group Interviews: Understanding Shared Meaning and Meaning-Making 30. Using Pictures to Analyse and Construct Knowledge 31. The Role of Documents PART IV: Analysis and Representation 32. Transcription of Speech 33. Ethnomethodology, Conversation Analysis and Educational Settings 34. The Narrative Construction of Identity 35. Approaching Narrative Analysis with 19 Questions 36. Analysing Fieldnotes: A Practical Guide 37. Considering CAQDAS: Using and Choosing Software 38. The Literary and Rhetorical Turn 39. Beyond Voice: The Possibilities of Experimental Art 40. Textual Genres and the Question of Representation 41. Autobiography: Tales of the Writing Self 42. Performing Findings: Tales of the Theatrical Self 43. The Literary Turn: Fictions and Poetry 44. Dance.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- The Handbook of Qualitative Research in Education offers both basic and advanced discussions of data collection, analysis and representation of all the best qualitative methods used in educational research. It contains four comprehensive yet concise sections on perspectives, settings, data collection and data analysis and representation. Authors from North America, Europe, Australia and New Zealand contribute to a wide-ranging and provocative Handbook that will inspire novice researchers and re-invigorate experienced scholars. Its 44 well-documented chapters will serve academics and graduate students in educational research across all sectors of education from pre-school to graduate school, and all settings from formal to non-formal.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- edited by Sara Delamont with assistance from Angela Jones.
- 9781849805094 (Cloth)
- 1849805091 (Cloth)