Bigger isn't always better : a leadership guide for small school administrators
- Murdock, George, 1942-
- Lanham, Md. : Rowman & Littefield Education, c2012.
- Physical description
- xi, 122 p. ; 24 cm.
LB2831.82 .M87 2012
- Unknown LB2831.82 .M87 2012
- Preface Introduction Chapter One: Perpetuating Small Schools Chapter Two: Getting (And Keeping) The Job Chapter Three: Creating An Entry Plan Chapter Four: Effective Leadership & Decision-Making Chapter Five: Board-Superintendent Relations Chapter Six: Developing An Effective Format For Board Meetings Chapter Seven: Creating An Administrative Evaluation System Chapter Eight: Creating An Effective Communications Program Chapter Nine: Building A Foundation For Effective Community Relations Chapter Ten: Building A Foundation For Effective Staff Relations Chapter Eleven: Maintenance & Facilities Chapter Twelve: Fiscal Management Chapter Thirteen: Human Resources & Negotiations Chapter Fourteen: Instructional Leadership & Student Achievement About The Author.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Bigger Isn't Always Better is designed to provide a practitioner's viewpoint of the challenges and issues lacing school administrators - particularly those who work in small districts. Based upon a combination of education theory and practical applications, the book contains many real life examples with tips for landing a job as administrator and then making a positive and successful first impression through a deliberate entry plan. Bigger Isn't Always Better addresses both the technical aspects of an administrator's assignment, as well as the administrator's leading, mediating role while working with the school board, with school staff, or the school's community. Readers will learn about a variety of potential pitfalls and situations that most new administrators face, with the benefit of learning how to over come and avoid such problems based on the author's four decades in the profession.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- George Murdock.
- 9781610487207 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 1610487206 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 9781610487214 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1610487214 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781610487221 (electronic)
- 1610487222 (electronic)