Setting performance standards : foundations, methods, and innovations
- Gregory J. Cizek, editor.
- 2nd ed.
- New York : Routledge, 2012.
- Physical description
- xxviii, 588 p. : ill ; 26 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB3060.83 .S57 2012||Unknown|
- Cizek, Gregory J.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- I. Conceptual and Practical Foundations of Standard Setting 1. An Introduction To Contemporary Standard Setting: Concepts, Characteristics, and Contexts Gregory J. Cizek 2. So Much Has Changed: An Historical Overview of Setting Cutscores Michael J. Zieky 3. Standard Setting for Decision Making: Classifications, Consequences, and the Common Good William A. Mehrens and Gregory J. Cizek 4. Essential Steps in Setting Performance Standards on Educational Tests and Strategies for Assessing the Reliability and Validity of Results Ronald K. Hambleton, Mary J. Pitoniak, and Jenna Coppella II. Common Elements in Standard Setting Practice 5. Performance Level Descriptors: History, Practice, and a Proposed Framework Karla L. Egan, M. Christina Schneider, and Steve Ferrara 6. Selecting and Training Standard Setting Participants: State of the Art Policies and Procedures Susan Cooper Loomis 7. Understanding the Cognitive Processes of Standard Setting Panelists William P. Skorupski 8. The Role, Format, and Impact of Feedback to Standard Setting Panelists Mark D. Reckase and Jing Chen 9. The Forms and Functions of Evaluations of the Standard-Setting Process Gregory J. Cizek III. Standard Setting Methods 10. Variations on a Theme: The Modified Angoff, Extended Angoff, and Yes/No Standard Setting Methods Barbara Plake and Gregory J. Cizek 11. Setting Performance Standards on Complex Assessments: The Body of Work Method Neal M. Kingston and Gail C. Tiemann 12. The Bookmark Standard-Setting Procedure Daniel M. Lewis, Howard Mitzel, Ricardo L. Mercado, and E. Matthew Schulz 13. The Item-Descriptor (ID) Matching Method Steve Ferrara and Daniel M. Lewis 14. The Briefing Book Method Edward H. Haertel, Jennifer Biemers, and Julie Miles 15. From Z to A: Using Validity Evidence to Set Performance Standards Kimberly O'Malley, Leslie Keng, and Julie Miles 16. The Benchmark Method of Standard Setting Gary W. Phillips 17. Setting Achievement Standards on Assessments for Students with Disabilities Marianne Perie and Martha Thurlow 18. Applying Model-Based Approaches to Performance Category Classifications Jonathan Templin and Hong Jiao 19. Reviewing or Revalidating Performance Standards on Credentialing Examinations John Mattar, Ronald Hambleton, Jenna Coppella, and Michael Finger IV. Contemporary Issues in Standard Setting 20. Practical Issues in Standard Setting Michael B. Bunch 21. Growth, Standards, and Accountability Damian Betebenner 22. Standard Setting for Computer-Based Assessments: A Summary of Mode Comparability Research and Considerations Denny Way and Katie Larsen McClarty 23. Vertically-Moderated Standard Setting Gregory J. Cizek and Charlotte A. Agger 24. Setting Passing Standards for Credentialing Programs Chad W. Buckendahl and Susan L. Davis-Becker 25. Legal Issues and Considerations for Standard Setting in Professional Licensure and Certification Examinations Dale Atkinson 26. Legal Issues for Standard Setting in K-12 Educational Contexts S. E. Phillips 27. Moving Forward: Educational, Social, and Population Considerations in Setting Standards William J. Brown.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415881470 20160607
- Publisher's Summary
- Setting standards of performance is a ubiquitous task in education licensure, certification, and credentialling. It is found in elementary schooling, the professions, commercial applications, and governmental and private organizations. It is one of the most complex, controversial, and vexing issues facing specialists and policy makers today. This second edition solidifies Setting Performance Standards as the only book providing a comprehensive profile of both the issues and the "how-to" methods that define this thorny field. Four chapters have been removed; 11 chapters have been added; 2 chapters have major revisions; and all chapters have been updated. Comprehensive - Part I provides a conceptual overview of standard setting and its overarching issues; Part II provides practical (how-to) information on the newest standard setting methods; Part III provides information and advice on persistent and potential challenges in standard setting. Practical - Part II (the heart of the book) reviews 16 of the newest standard setting methods, far more than any other book. Expertise - Most of the well-known authors from the 1st edition return, with authors of equal stature contributing new chapters.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415881470 20160607
- Publication date
- 9780415881470 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 0415881471 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 9780415881487 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 041588148X (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9780203848203 (ebk.)
- 0203848209 (ebk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: