Written corrective feedback in second language acquisition and writing
- John Bitchener and Dana R. Ferris.
- New York ; London : Routledge, 2012.
- Physical description
- xi, 218 p. ; 23 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|PE1128 .A2 B4984 2012||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -211) and index.
- Section One - Introduction 1: What is WCF? Section Two - Theoretical Perspectives 2: Differences and overlap between short-term development 3: Insights from SLA research on oral corrective feedback (OCF ) 4: OCF parallels with WCF Section Three - Evaluating the Empirical Evidence 5: Questions/issues investigated - overview 6: Other empirical questions about WCF Section Four -Applications for Language & Writing Classes 7: Transfer of research findings to classroom practice 8: Teacher education/preparation Section Five - Conclusion 9: Directions/Agenda(s) for future research.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415872447 20160607
- Publisher's Summary
- What should language and writing teachers do about giving students written corrective feedback? This book surveys theory, research, and practice on the important and sometimes controversial issue of written corrective feedback, also known as "error/grammar correction, " and its impact on second language acquisition and second language writing development. Offering state-of-the-art treatment of a topic that is highly relevant to both researchers and practitioners, it critically analyzes and synthesizes several parallel and complementary strands of research - work on error/feedback (both oral and written) in SLA and studies of the impact of error correction in writing/composition courses - and addresses practical applications. Drawing from both second language acquisition and writing/composition literature, this volume is the first to intentionally connect these two separate but important lines of inquiry.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415872447 20160607
- Publication date
- 9780415872430 (hardcover)
- 041587243X (hardcover)
- 9780415872447 (paperback)
- 0415872448 (paperback)
- 9780203832400 (ebook)
- 020383240X (ebook)
Browse related items
Start at call number: