The complete Taj Mahal : and the riverfront gardens of Agra
- Ebba Koch ; with drawings by Richard André Barraud.
- London : Thames & Hudson, c2006.
- Physical description
- 288 p. : ill. (chiefly col.), maps ; 30 cm.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 276-280) and index.
- Introduction: The Mughal Dynasty, Shah Jahan and Mumtaz Mahal-- I. Mughal Agra, a Riverfront Garden City-- II. The Construction of the Taj Mahal-- III. More Than a Tomb: the Parts of the Taj Mahal-- IV. The Paradisiacal House of the Queen-- V. Everybody's Taj Mahal.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780500342091 20160607
- Publisher's Summary
- This leads the reader through the whole complex and gardens of the Taj Mahal, illustrated by hundreds of new photographs and drawings and with an in-depth explanation of each building. This encounter is framed by a complete account of the mausoleums urban setting, its design and construction, its symbolic meaning, and its history up to the present day, with the result that the most familiar image in the world is suddenly endowed with new significance and added wonder.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780500342091 20160607
- Taj Mahal (Agra, India)
- Architecture, Mogul Empire > India > Agra.
- Agra (India) > Buildings, structures, etc.
- Gardens, Mogul Empire > India > Agra.
- Taj Mahal (Agra, India) > Pictorial works.
- Architecture, Mogul Empire > India > Agra > Pictorial works.
- Gardens, Mogul Empire > India > Agra > Pictorial works.
- Agra / Tadsch Mahal.
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Taj Mahal
- 9780500342091 (hbk.)
- 0500342091 (hbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: