Orson Welles Citizen Kane [videorecording].
- English, French, Spanish, Portuguese. Citizen Kane: In English, dubbed Spanish or dubbed Portuguese with optional English SDH, French, Spanish or Portuguese subtitles. Battle over Citizen Kane: In English with optional English subtitles; closed-captioned. RKO 281: In English or dubbed Spanish with optional English, French, or Spanish subtitles.
- 70th anniversary ed. ; 3-disc ultimate collector's ed.
- [Burbank, Calif.] : Warner Home Video, 
- Physical description
- 3 videodiscs (315 min.) : sd., b&w, col. ; 4 3/4 in. + 15 lobby cards (18 x 13 cm.) + 1 souvenir booklet ( p. ; ill. ; 18 cm.) + 1 book ( p. : ill. ; 14 x 19 cm.)
At the library
Art & Architecture Library (Bowes)
Library has: disc 1-
3 + 2 booklets
|ARTDVD 531 DISC 1-3 + BOOKLETS||Unknown|
Media & Microtext Center
- Welles, Orson, 1915-1985 Actor
- Mankiewicz, Herman J. (Herman Jacob), 1897-1953 Author of screenplay
- Toland, Gregg Cinematographer
- Herrmann, Bernard, 1911-1975 Composer
- Walker, Vernon L., 1894-1948 Photographer
- Polglase, Van Nest, 1898-1968. Artistic director
- Wise, Robert, 1914-2005 Film editor
- Fesler, Bailey, 1901-1961. Sound designer
- Stewart, James G., 1907-1997 Sound designer
- Stevenson, Edward (Edward M.) Costume designer
- Cotten, Joseph, 1905-1994 Actor
- Comingore, Dorothy, 1913-1971 Actor
- Moorehead, Agnes, 1906-1974 Actor
- Warrick, Ruth Actor
- Collins, Ray, 1889-1965 Actor
- Sanford, Erskine, 1885-1969 Actor
- Sloane, Everett, 1909-1965 Actor
- Alland, William, 1916-1997 Actor
- Stewart, Paul, 1908-1986 Actor
- Coulouris, George, 1903-1989 Actor
- Bonanova, Fortunio, 1895-1969 Actor
- Schilling, Gus, 1908-1957 Actor
- Van Zandt, Philip Actor
- Backus, Georgia, 1900-1983 Actor
- Shannon, Harry, 1890-1964 Actor
- Bupp, Sonny, 1928-2007 Actor
- Swan, Buddy, 1929-1993 Actor
- Lennon, Thomas, 1970- Producer
- Epstein, Michael Producer
- Cramer, Richard Ben Author of screenplay
- Drain, Margaret. Producer
- McCullough, David G. Host
- Ross, Benjamin, 1964- Director
- Armstrong, Su. Producer
- Scott, Ridley Producer
- Scott, Tony, 1944-2012 Producer
- Logan, John, 1961- Author of screenplay
- Southon, Mike. Cinematographer
- Mackie, Alex. Film editor
- Altman, John, 1949- Composer
- Djurkovic, Maria. Designer
- Meachem, Stewart. Costume designer
- Schreiber, Liev Actor
- Cromwell, James Actor
- Griffith, Melanie, 1957- Actor
- Malkovich, John Actor
- Cunningham, Liam Actor
- Suchet, David Actor
- Shaw, Fiona, 1958- Actor
- Hille, Anastasia. Actor
- Blethyn, Brenda, 1946- Actor
- Scheider, Roy Actor
- RKO Radio Pictures.
- Mercury Theatre.
- Lennon Documentary Group.
- WGBH (Television station : Boston, Mass.)
- HBO Pictures.
- Scott Free Productions.
- Warner Home Video (Firm)
- 1. Citizen Kane
- 2. The Battle Over Citizen Kane
- 3. RKO 281
- v. 1. Orson Welles Citizen Kane
- v. 2. Rosebud.
- Citizen Kane / an RKO Radio Picture ; a Mercury production by Orson Welles ; original screen play, Herman J. Mankiewicz, Orson Welles ; direction/production, Orson Welles ; photography, Gregg Toland (119 min., 1941)
- The battle over Citizen Kane / produced by Thomas Lennon, Michael Epstein ; written by Richard Ben Cramer & Thomas Lennon ; executive producer, Margaret Drain ; a Lennon Documentary Group film ; WGBH Boston (113 min., 1996)
- RKO 281 / HBO Pictures presents in association with WGBH Boston a Scott Free Production ; a Benjamin Ross film ; produced by Su Armstrong ; executive producers, Ridley Scott, Tony Scott ; written by John Logan ; directed by Benjamin Ross (83 min., 1999).
- Citizen Kane: Following the death of a publishing tycoon, news reporters scramble to discover the meaning of his final utterance. The battle over Citizen Kane: American experience documentary about the making of Citizen Kane and Orson Welles estate. RKO 281: Orson Welles produces his greatest film, Citizen Kane, despite the opposition of the film's de facto subject, William Randolph Hearst.
- Publishers and publishing > Drama.
- Newspaper publishing > United States > Drama.
- Men > United States > Drama.
- Citizen Kane (Motion picture)
- Welles, Orson, 1915-1985.
- Editores financieros > Teatro.
- Hombres > Estados Unidos > Teatro.
- Release date
- Production date
- Title Variation
- Citizen Kane
- RKO 281 based in part on the documentary "The battle over Citizen Kane" from the American Experience.
- Citizen Kane originally released as a motion picture in 1941.
- The battle over Citizen Kane originally broadcast as an episode of the American experience in 1996.
- RKO 281 originally broadcast as a television film in 1999 on HBO.
- Special features: Disc 1. Commentary by Peter Bogdanovich; Commentary by Roger Ebert; "Opening: World Premiere of Citizen Kane" featurette; Interview with Ruth Warrick; Interview with Robert Wise; Deleted scenes; Ad campaign, Press book, Opening night; Theatrical trailer. Disc 2. Welles filmography; Web link. Disc 3. Cast and crew biographies (Liev Schreiber, James Cromwell, Melanie Griffith, John Malkovich, Brenda Blethyn, Roy Scheider, Benjamin Ross, John Logan).
- Production Credits
- Citizen Kane: Music composed and conducted by Bernard Herrmann ; special effects, Vernon L. Walker ; art director, Van Nest Polglase ; editing, Robert Wise ; recording, Bailey Fesler, James G. Stewart ; costumes, Edward Stevenson. Battle over Citizen Kane: Edited by Ken Eluto ; directors of photography, Greg Andracke, Michael Chin ; original music composed and orchestrated by Brian Keane ; additional music by Maurice Wright. RKO 281: Costume designer, Stewart Meachem ; music by John Altman ; edited by Alex Mackie ; production designer, Maria Djurkovic ; director of photography, Mike Southon ; co-executive producers, Diane Minter Lewis, Chris Zarpas.
- Citizen Kane: Joseph Cotten, Dorothy Comingore, Agnes Moorehead, Ruth Warrick, Ray Collins, Erskine Sanford, Everett Sloane, William Alland, Paul Stewart, George Coulouris, Fortunio Bonanova, Gus Schilling, Philip Van Zandt, Georgia Backus, Harry Shannon, Sonny Bupp, Buddy Swan, Orson Welles.
- Battle over Citizen Kane: host, David McCullough ; narrated by Richard Ben Cramer.
- RKO 281: Liev Schreiber, James Cromwell, Melanie Griffith, John Malkovich, Liam Cunningham, David Suchet, Fiona Shaw, Anastasia Hille, Brenda Blethyn, Roy Scheider.
- Rating: PG (Citizen Kane); Rating: R (RKO 281).
- DVD; Region 1, NTSC; full screen presentation (Citizen Kane & Battle over Citizen Kane); widescreen presentation (RKO 281); DTS 5.1 surround, Dolby surround, stereo, mono.
- Related Work
- Citizen Kane (Motion picture)
- American experience (Television program)
- Included Work
- Citizen Kane.
- Battle over Citizen Kane.
- RKO 281.
- Publisher Number
- 1000195618 Warner Home Video
- 3000037336 Warner Home Video
Browse related items
Start at call number: