Sherlock Jr. [videorecording] ; and, Three ages
- English. Silent with English intertitles and musical score.
- Ultimate 2-disc ed.
- New York : Kino International, c2010.
- Physical description
- 2 videodiscs (ca. 108 min.) : sd., b&w ; 4 3/4 in.
At the library
Art & Architecture Library (Bowes)
Library has: Disc 1-
|ARTDVD 524 DISC 1-2||Unknown|
- Keaton, Buster, 1895-1966.
- McGuire, Kathryn, 1897-1978.
- Keaton, Joe, 1867-1946.
- Leahy, Margaret, 1902-1967.
- Beery, Wallace.
- Schenck, Joseph M., 1877-1961.
- Cline, Edward, 1892-1961.
- Havez, Jean, 1872-1925
- Mitchell, Joseph A.
- Bruckman, Clyde, 1894-1955.
- Israel, Robert, 1963-
- Erwin, Lee.
- Kino International Corporation.
- Mont Alto Motion Picture Orchestra.
- Club Foot Orchestra.
- Metro Pictures Corporation.
- Sherlock Jr. (45 min., 1924) / a Metro attraction ; directed by Buster Keaton ; produced by Joseph M. Schenck ; screenplay by Jean Havez, Joseph Mitchell, & Clyde Bruckman
- Three ages (63 min., 1923) / a Metro attraction ; directed by Buster Keaton and Eddie Cline ; produced by Joseph M. Schenck ; screenplay by Jean Havez, Joseph Mitchell, & Clyde Bruckman.
Widely regarded as one of the most visually inventive silent comedies ever made, Sherlock Jr. offers fast-paced slapstick as well as a brilliant deconstruction of the filmmaking process. Keaton stars as a movie theater projectionist who dreams of becoming a super-sleuth and, in one breathtaking sequence, literally steps into the screen to bring his fantasies to life.
- Another comedy for film-lovers (that plays upon the conventions of cinema), Three Ages is a clever spoof of D.W. Griffith's Intolerance. In Keaton's multi-narrative epic, man's primal quest for love is played out in the Stone Age, Ancient Rome, and the Jazz Age.
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Title appears as: Buster Keaton : Sherlock Jr. and Three ages
- Sherlock Junior
- Three ages
- 3 ages
- Special features: Sherlock Jr. : audio commentary by film historian David Kalat ; documentary short on the making of the film, written by film historian David B. Pearson ; visual essay on the film's locations by Silent Echoes author John Bengtson. Three ages: Man's Genesis (1912) a nine-minute excerpt of the D.W. Griffith prehistoric romance that inspired Keaton's parody ; visual essay on the film's locations by Silent Echoes author John Bengtson ; Three Ages re-cut as a trio of stand-alone short films.
- Production Credits
- Sherlock Jr.: photographed by Byron Houck and Elgin Lessley ; music by The Mont Alto Motion Picture Orchestra and The Club Foot Orchestra ; Three ages: photographed by Elgin Lessley and William McGann ; music arranged and conducted by Robert Israel ; organ score by Lee Erwin.
- Sherlock Jr.: Buster Keaton, Kathryn McGuire, Joe Keaton; Three ages: Buster Keaton, Margaret Leahy, Wallace Beery.
- Not rated.
- DVD; NTSC; HD from archival 35 mm; 2.0 stereo.; 5.1 surround sound (Sherlock Jr.).
- Publisher Number
- K716 Kino International
Browse related items
Start at call number: