Gröbner bases in commutative algebra
- Viviana Ene, Jürgen Herzog.
- Providence, R.I. : American Mathematical Society, c2012.
- Physical description
- xi, 164 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
- Graduate studies in mathematics v. 130.
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|QA251.3 .E54 2012||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 157-159) and index.
- Polynomial rings and ideals Grobner bases First applications Grobner bases for modules Grobner bases of toric ideals Selected applications in commutative algebra and combinatorics Bibliography Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780821872871 20160607
- Publisher's Summary
- This book provides a concise yet comprehensive and self-contained introduction to Grobner basis theory and its applications to various current research topics in commutative algebra. It especially aims to help young researchers become acquainted with fundamental tools and techniques related to Grobner bases which are used in commutative algebra and to arouse their interest in exploring further topics such as toric rings, Koszul and Rees algebras, determinantal ideal theory, binomial edge ideals, and their applications to statistics. The book can be used for graduate courses and self-study. More than 100 problems will help the readers to better understand the main theoretical results and will inspire them to further investigate the topics studied in this book.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780821872871 20160607
- Publication date
- Graduate studies in mathematics ; v. 130
- 0821872877 (alk. paper)
- 9780821872871 (alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: