Intersections of Hirzebruch-Zagier divisors and CM cycles
- Benjamin Howard, Tonghai Yang.
- Berlin ; New York : Springer, c2012.
- Physical description
- viii, 140 p. ; 24 cm.
- Lecture notes in mathematics (Springer-Verlag) 2041.
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|Shelved by Series title V.2041||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 1. Introduction.- 2. Linear Algebra.- 3. Moduli Spaces of Abelian Surfaces.- 4. Eisenstein Series.- 5. The Main Results.- 6. Local Calculations.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9783642239786 20160607
- Publisher's Summary
- This monograph treats one case of a series of conjectures by S. Kudla, whose goal is to show that Fourier of Eisenstein series encode information about the Arakelov intersection theory of special cycles on Shimura varieties of orthogonal and unitary type. Here, the Eisenstein series is a Hilbert modular form of weight one over a real quadratic field, the Shimura variety is a classical Hilbert modular surface, and the special cycles are complex multiplication points and the Hirzebruch-Zagier divisors. By developing new techniques in deformation theory, the authors successfully compute the Arakelov intersection multiplicities of these divisors, and show that they agree with the Fourier coefficients of derivatives of Eisenstein series.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9783642239786 20160607
- Publication date
- Lecture notes in mathematics, 0075-8434 ; 2041
- 9783642239786 (pbk.)
- 3642239781 (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: