Developing everyday coping skills in the early years : proactive strategies for supporting social and emotional development
- Erica Frydenberg, Jan Deans and Kelly O'Brien.
- London ; New York, NY : Continuum, c2012.
- Physical description
- viii, 158 p. : ill ; 25 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1072 .F79 2012||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -152) and index.
- Introduction.-- 1. Social and emotional development in the Early Years-- 2. Developing coping skills in a group setting-- 3. Talking and listening-- 4. Dance and drama-- 5. Visual arts-- 6. Music-- 7. Clinical contexts-- 8. Family contexts-- 9. Utilising opportunities that may arise - incidental learning-- Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781441161048 20160607
- Publisher's Summary
- This evidence-based book will help parents and practitioners to develop children's coping skills through arts and language-based strategies. This book will help develop coping skills through arts and language-based activities. The strategies suggested build on children's existing knowledge and skills to enhance their learning, and will all contribute to: improving all children's emotional health and creativity; developing resilience, particularly in periods of high stress such as transition from preschool to school; and, increasing children's capacity to cooperate, respect and work with others. The authors also explain how to identify children at risk, particularly those experiencing anxiety or delay in social and emotional development so that parents and practitioners can intervene early where developmental delays or socio-emotional difficulties exist. Practitioners and parents of children aged 3-8 will find a treasure trove of activities to build coping and self-esteem through creative play and imagination.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781441161048 20160607
- Publication date
- 9781441161048 (paperback)
- 144116104X (paperback)
- 9781441160102 (ePub)
- 1441160108 (ePub)
- 9781441187994 (PDF)
- 1441187995 (PDF)
Browse related items
Start at call number: