International development in practice : education assistance in Egypt, Pakistan, and Afghanistan
- Rugh, Andrea B.
- 1st ed.
- New York : Palgrave Macmillan, 2012.
- Physical description
- xv, 225 p. ; 22 cm.
LC2608 .R84 2012
- Unknown LC2608 .R84 2012
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -207) and index.
- Issues in Development Meeting the Challenges of Education Assistance The Egypt Case: USAID Support for Primary Education (1979-1990) The Pakistan Case: USAID Support for Primary Education (1987-1994) The Afghanistan Case: UNICEF and its Partners' Support for Primary Education (1998-2002) Conclusions and Commentary Study Notes.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Moving beyond theory and statistical analysis, this book provides a candid description of the problems practitioners face in the field. It simulates the experiences of a consultant-expert by reviewing education issues in developing countries and giving brief vignettes of the way these issues have been addressed in various countries. Finally, it describes three in-depth cases that show the studies, planning, and implementation that go into actual projects. These cases - in Egypt, Pakistan, and Afghanistan - are here written up for the first time, in a clear, easy-to-read style appropriate for students and development professionals in training.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Education, Primary > Developing countries.
- Education, Primary > Aims and objectives > Developing countries.
- Education, Primary > Economic aspects > Developing countries.
- Educational assistance > Developing countries.
- Educational assistance > Egypt > Case studies.
- Educational assistance > Pakistan > Case studies.
- Educational assistance > Afghanistan > Case studies.
- Publication date
- Andrea B. Rugh.
- 9780230340176 (alk. paper)
- 0230340172 (alk. paper)