The Cambridge economic history of Europe. [electronic resource]
- 2nd ed.
- Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, c2008.
- Physical description
- xvi, 845 p. : digital, PDF file.
- Cambridge histories online.
- Postan, M. M. (Michael Moïssey), 1899-1981.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Preface-- 1. The settlement and colonization of Europe Richard Koebner-- 2. Agriculture and rural life in the later Roman Empire Courtenay Edward Stevens-- 3. The evolution of agricultural technique Charles Parain-- 4. Agrarian institutions of the Germanic Kingdoms from the fifth to the ninth century Alfons Dopsch-- 5. Agrarian conditions in the Byzantine Empire in the Middle Ages Georg Ostrogorsky-- 6. The rise of dependent cultivation and seignorial institutions Marc Bloch-- 7. Medieval Agrarian society in its prime-- 8. Crisis: from the Middle Ages to modern times Leopold Genicot.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This is a completely reset edition. The material in Chapters I, IV, V and VI and in sections 4, 5 and 8 of Chapter VII has been reproduced without any change. Chapters II, III and sections 1, 3 of Chapter VII have been brought up to date. All the other chapters and sections of Chapter VII have either been re-written or replaced by wholly new versions by different authors.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- edited by M.M. Postan.
- Title Variation
- Agrarian life of the Middle Ages
- Economic history of Europe
- Cambridge histories online
- Title from PDF title page (viewed on 10 July, 2009).
- Also issued in print format.
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- System requirements: Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Available in another form
- Print version 9780521045056
- 9780511466939 (ebook) : No price
- 0511466935 (ebook) : No price