Hands-on matrix algebra using R : active and motivated learning with applications
- Hrishikesh D. Vinod.
- Singapore ; Hackensack, N. J. : World Scientific, c2011.
- Physical description
- xvii, 329 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|QA188 .V56 2011||Unknown|
- Vinod, Hrishikesh D., 1939-
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 321-323) and index.
- R Preliminaries-- Elementary Geometry and Algebra Using R-- Vector Spaces-- Matrix Basics and R Software-- Determinant and Singularity-- The Rank and Trace of a Matrix-- Matrix Inverse and Solution of Linear Equations.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9789814313698 20160607
- Publisher's Summary
- This is the first book of its kind which teaches matrix algebra, allowing the student to learn the material by actually working with matrix objects in modern computer environment of R. Instead of a calculator, R is a vastly more powerful free software and graphics system. This book provides a comprehensive overview of matrix theory without being bogged down in proofs or tedium. The reader can check each matrix result with numerical examples of exactly what they mean and understand their implications. This book does not shy away from advanced topics, especially the ones with practical applications.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9789814313698 20160607
- Publication date
- 9789814313681 (hbk.)
- 9814313688 (hbk.)
- 9789814313698 (pbk.)
- 9814313696 (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: