Machine designers reference
- Jennifer Marrs.
- New York : Industrial Press, Inc., c2012.
- Physical description
- xviii, 716 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
Engineering Library (Terman)
|TJ230 .M37 2012||In-library use|
- Marrs, Jen.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction. Chapter 1: Design and Analysis - Design of Machinery. Units. Equations. Chapter 2: Machine Safety, Ergonomics, and Safeguarding (Co-written with E. Smith Reed PE) - Machine Safety and Ergonomics. Safeguarding. Chapter 3: Dimensions & Tolerances - Selection and Analysis of Tolerances (Written by Charles Gillis PE). Limits & Fits. Drawings and Processes. Chapter 4: Precision Locating (Written by Charles Gillis PE). Chapter 5: Pins, Keys, and Retaining Rings. Chapter 6: Pipe Threads, Threaded Fasteners, and Washers - Pipe and Port Threads. Threaded Fasteners and Washers. Chapter 7: Welds and Weldments. Chapter 8: Materials, Surfaces, and Treatments - Materials. Surface Finish. Heat Treatment. Surface Treatment. Chapter 9: Force Generators - Springs. Pneumatics. Electric Motors. Chapter 10: Bearings - Bushings (Plain Bearings). Rolling Element Bearings. Linear Bearings. Chapter 11: Power Transmission Devices - Shafts. Shaft Couplings. Gears (Written by Gregory Aviza). Gearboxes. Belts and Chains. Belts. Chains. Linear Motion Devices? Chapter 12: Machine Reliability & Performance.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780831134327 20160607
- Publisher's Summary
- This comprehensive reference was written with a single goal-to assist design professionals in their job quickly and efficiently. Designed with the working mechanical designer in mind, users will save time in selection, sizing, and tolerancing of mechanical parts and assemblies. And it is packed with essential charts and tables such as fastener data, locating feature data, material selection guides, and component selection charts. Most books containing similar data are targeted at shop personnel or students. Focusing on the most common needs of the design professional, it pares down the information to just what they most frequently need while providing the quickest possible access to necessary data. Because the job of the design professional has changed significantly this handbook aims to complement the software and assist in its efficient use. Features * Presents design data in groups corresponding to these design activities to minimize time spent flipping pages. * Speeds up the selection process through contained formulas and guides that are designed to assist the working engineer while selecting machine components from catalogs rather than designing these common components from scratch. * The full-size format is ideal for reading charts easily, and an included sheet of page tab stickers allows the user to mark pages they find particularly useful. * Intended to be a quick guidebook but contains frequent references to specific entries in Machinery's Handbook for in-depth treatment of most subjects.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780831134327 20160607
- Publication date
- 9780831134327 (hard cover)
- 0831134321 (hard cover)
- 9780831134433 (hard cover)
- 0831134437 (hard cover)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: