- Richard P. Stanley.
- 2nd ed.
- Cambridge [U.K.] ; New York : Cambridge University Press, c2011.
- Physical description
- 2 v. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Cambridge studies in advanced mathematics ; 49.
Science Library (Li and Ma)
Library has: v.1
|QA164.8 .S73 2012 V.1||Unknown|
- Stanley, Richard P., 1944-
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 1. What is enumerative combinatorics?-- 2. Sieve methods-- 3. Partially ordered sets-- 4. Rational generating functions.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781107602625 20160607
- Publisher's Summary
- Richard Stanley's two-volume basic introduction to enumerative combinatorics has become the standard guide to the topic for students and experts alike. This thoroughly revised second edition of Volume 1 includes ten new sections and more than 300 new exercises, most with solutions, reflecting numerous new developments since the publication of the first edition in 1986. The author brings the coverage up to date and includes a wide variety of additional applications and examples, as well as updated and expanded chapter bibliographies. Many of the less difficult new exercises have no solutions so that they can more easily be assigned to students. The material on P-partitions has been rearranged and generalized; the treatment of permutation statistics has been greatly enlarged; and there are also new sections on q-analogues of permutations, hyperplane arrangements, the cd-index, promotion and evacuation and differential posets.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781107602625 20160607
- Supplemental links
- Cover image
- Beginning date
- Cambridge studies in advanced mathematics ; 49
- No more published.
- 9781107015425 (hardback : v.1)
- 1107015421 (hardback : v.1)
- 9781107602625 (pbk : v. 1)
- 1107602629 (pbk : v. 1)
Browse related items
Start at call number: