Perspectives in analysis, geometry, and topology : on the occasion of the 60th birthday of Oleg Viro
- Ilia Itenberg, Burglind Jöricke, Mikael Passare, editors.
- New York : Birkhäuser, c2012.
- Physical description
- xxxi, 464 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Progress in mathematics (Boston, Mass.) v. 296.
Math & Statistics Library
|QA611 .A1 M37 2008||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Preface.- 1 Selman Akbulut, Exotic structures on smooth 4-manifolds.- 2 Kenneth Baker, John Etnyre, Rational linking and contact geometry.- 3 Robert Berman, Jean-Pierre Demailly, Regularity of plurisubharmonic upper envelopes in big cohomology classes.- 4 Alex Degtarev, Towards the generalized Shapiro and Shapiro conjecture.-5 Alex Degtarev, Ilia Itenberg, Viatcheslav Kharlamov, On the number of components of a complete intersection of real quadrics.- 6 Tobias Ekholm, Rational Symplectic Field Theory and linearized Legendrian contact homology.- 7 Yakov Eliashberg, N. Mishachev, Wrinkling IV: Mappings with prescribed singularities.- 8 Michael Entov, Leonid Polterovich, Pierre Py, On continuity of quasimorphisms for symplectic maps. With an appendix by Michael Khanevsky.- 9 David Gay, Andras Stipsicz, On symplectic caps.- 10 Gennadi Henkin, Cauchy-Pompeiu type formulas for a on affine algebraic Riemann surfaces and some applications.-11 Kiumars Kaveh, A. G. Khovanskii, Algebraic equations and convex bodies.- 12 Louis Kauffman, Graphical Bracket Invariants of Virtual Links.- 13 Ciprian Manolescu, Christopher Woodward, Floer homology on the extended moduli space.- 14 Ngaiming Mok, Projective-algebraicity of minimal compactifications of complex-hyperbolic space forms of finite volume.- 15 Stepan Orevkov, Some examples of real algebraic and real pseudoholomorphic curves.- 16 Nicolai Reshetikhin, Topological invariants related to quantum groups at roots of unity.- 17 Alexander Shumakovitch: Khovanov Homology Theories and Their Applications.- 18 Eugenii Shustin, Patchworking theorem for tropical curves with multiple points.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780817682767 20160607
- Publisher's Summary
- The articles in this volume are invited papers from the Marcus Wallenberg symposium and focus on research topics that bridge the gap between analysis, geometry, and topology. The encounters between these three fields are widespread and often provide impetus for major breakthroughs in applications. Topics include new developments in low dimensional topology related to invariants of links and three and four manifolds; Perelman's spectacular proof of the Poincare conjecture; and the recent advances made in algebraic, complex, symplectic, and tropical geometry.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780817682767 20160607
- Publication date
- Progress in mathematics ; v. 296
- Papers from the Marcus Wallenberg Symposium on Perspectives in Analysis, Geometry, and Topology, held at Stockholm University in May 2008.
- 9780817682767 (hbk.)
- 0817682767 (hbk.)
- 9780817682774 (ebk.)
- 0817682775 (ebk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: