Web-based learning [electronic resource] : technology and pedagogy : proceedings of the 4th International Conference, Hong Kong, 1-3 August 2005
- editors, Reggie Kwan and Joseph Fong.
- Singapore ; Hackensack, NJ : World Scientific, c2005.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (xvii, 213 p.) : ill.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- # Tools: # On or Off the Slate: University Library E-Reserve Supports Web-based Learning (O Cheung) # Design and Implement of The Web-based Virtual Laboratory for On-Campus Circuit Courses (G Rong et al.) # Yet Another Platform for Web-based Learning (T S Li et al.) # Models: # Concept Maps and Learning Objects (L I Navarr et al.) # The Construction of Web-based Mastery Learning System (H T Lin et al.) # Methodology for Developing Dynamic Web Authoring System for E-Learning (Y F Yeung & J Fong) # Applications: # A Mobile Agent Assisted Learning Resource Service Framework based on SOAP (W Di et al.) # An On-Line Programming Environment with Automated Assessment (R Cheung) # Webits and Quality Control in Marking of Examination Scripts (P Tsang et al.) # Human Factors: # Social Capital Creation and Reciprocity in Online Learning Platforms (A K Lui et al.) # Are Teachers in Hong Kong Ready for e-Learning? (T K K So) # A Web-based Environment for Better Administration of Distance Learning Courses (S C Ng et al.) # and other papers.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
Web-based learning involves the use of appropriate technology with the corresponding pedagogical approaches managed in the context of today's educational setting. This book features an interesting range of leading-edge works from researchers and practitioners who have applied current web technology to various learning endeavours.The volume contains a selection of peer-reviewed papers by many of the field's expert researchers and practitioners. It is an excellent resource for students, researchers and practitioners involved in web-based learning or e-learning.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 9812701664 (electronic bk.)
- 9789812701664 (electronic bk.)
- 9789812564306 (pbk.)
- 9812564306 (pbk.)
- 9812564306 (pbk.)