Practical handbook of photovoltaics [electronic resource] : fundamentals and applications
- edited by Augustin McEvoy, Tom Markvart, Luis Castañer.
- 2nd ed.
- Waltham, MA : Academic Press, c2012.
- Physical description
- xxiv, 1244 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Solar Radiation; Solar Cells Introduction; c-Si; Thin Films; Organic and Dye Sensitised Cells; Space and Concentrators; Systems; Case Studies; Testing, Monitoring and Calibration; Economics, Environment and Business Strategy.
- Machine generated contents note: Solar Radiation; Solar Cells Introduction; c-Si; Thin Films; Organic and Dye Sensitised Cells; Space and Concentrators; Systems; Case Studies; Testing, Monitoring and Calibration; Economics, Environment and Business Strategy.
- Publisher's Summary
- As part of the growing sustainable and renewable energy movement, the design, manufacture and use of photovoltaic devices is increasing in pace and frequency. "The Handbook of Photovoltaics" will be a 'benchmark' publication for those involved in the design, manufacture and use of these devices. The Handbook covers the principles of solar cell function, the raw materials, photovoltaic systems, standards, calibration, testing, economics and case studies. The editors have assembled a cast of internationally-respected contributors from industry and academia. The report is essential reading for: Physicists, electronic engineers, designers of systems, installers, architects, policy-makers relating to photovoltaics. This is a thorough update to the 'benchmark' publication from a cast of industrial and academic international experts ensures top quality information from multiple stakeholder perspectives. It covers all things PV - from principles of solar cells and their raw materials, to the installation and design of full PV systems, including standards, testing, economics and environmental impacts. Case studies, practical examples and reports on the latest advances take the new edition of this amazing resource beyond a vast collection of knowledge, into the realm of real world applications.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Electronic reproduction. Amsterdam : Elsevier Science & Technology, 2011. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Title from title screen (viewed on Nov. 2, 2011). Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Available in another form
- Print version: Practical handbook of photovoltaics. 2nd ed. Waltham, MA : Academic Press, c2012 ( 9780123859341 )
- 9780123859341 (electronic bk.)
- 0123859344 (electronic bk.)