Advances in robotics and virtual reality
- Tauseef Gulrez and Aboul Ella Hassanien (eds.).
- English. English.
- text file; PDF.
- Berlin ; New York : Springer, ©2012.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (xiv, 390 pages) : color illustrations.
- Intelligent systems reference library ; v. 26.
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Part-I Advanced Robotic Systems in Practice.- Part-II Enabling Human Computer Interaction.- Part-III 3D Virtual Reality Environments.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
A beyond human knowledge and reach, robotics is strongly involved in tackling challenges of new emerging multidisciplinary fields. Together with humans, robots are busy exploring and working on the new generation of ideas and problems whose solution is otherwise impossible to find. The future is near when robots will sense, smell and touch people and their lives. Behind this practical aspect of human-robotics, there is a half a century spanned robotics research, which transformed robotics into a modern science. The Advances in Robotics and Virtual Reality is a compilation of emerging application areas of robotics. The book covers robotics role in medicine, space exploration and also explains the role of virtual reality as a non-destructive test bed which constitutes a premise of further advances towards new challenges in robotics. This book, edited by two famous scientists with the support of an outstanding team of fifteen authors, is a well suited reference for robotics researchers and scholars from related disciplines such as computer graphics, virtual simulation, surgery, biomechanics and neuroscience.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Virtual reality.
- TECHNOLOGY & ENGINEERING > Robotics.
- Virtual reality.
- Computational Intelligence.
- Artificial Intelligence (incl. Robotics).
- Robotics and Automation.
- Artificial intelligence
- Computational Intelligence
- Artificial Intelligence (incl. Robotics)
- Robotics and Automation
- Publication date
- Intelligent systems reference library, 1868-4394 ; v. 26
- 9783642233630 (electronic bk.)
- 3642233635 (electronic bk.)
- 3642233627 (isbn gedrukte versie)
- 9783642233623 (isbn gedrukte versie)