Handbook of developmental research methods
- edited by Brett Laursen, Todd D. Little, Noel A. Card.
- New York : Guilford Press, c2012.
- Physical description
- xii, 788 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Part 1. Measurement and Design. S.M. Hofer, V. Thorvaldsson, A. M. Piccinin, 1. Foundational Issues of Design and Measurement in Developmental Research. M. Foster, 2. Causal Inference, Identification, and Plausibility. S.C. Duncan, T.E. Duncan, 3. Accelerated Longitudinal Designs. T.A. Walls, W.D. Barta, R.S. Stawski, C.E. Collyer, S.M. Hofer, 4. Time-Scale-Dependent Longitudinal Designs. B. Laursen, J. Denissen, D. Bjorklund, 5. Event Frequency Measurement. S.E. Embretson, J. Poggio, 6. The Impact of Scaling and Measurement Methods on Individual Differences in Growth. R.E. Millsap, H. Cham, 7. Investigating Factorial Invariance in Longitudinal Data. Part 2. Approaches to Data Collection. L. Pulkkinen, K. Kokko, 8. Foundational Issues in Longitudinal Data Collection. P. Davis-Kean, J. Jager, 9. The Use of Large-Scale Data Sets for the Study of Developmental Science. J. Wilt, D.M. Condon, W. Revelle, 10. Telemetrics and Online Data Collection: Collecting Data at a Distance. B. Schmitz, J. Klug, S. Hertel, 11. Collecting and Analyzing Longitudinal Diary Data. A.F. Greenhoot, 12. Retrospective Methods in Developmental Science. W.M. Bukowski, A.H.N. Cillessen, A.M. Velasquez, 13. Peer Ratings. Part 3. Interindividual Longitudinal Analysis. J.E. Nurmi, 14. Foundational Issues in Investigating Development as Interindividual Variation. R. Gonzalez, T. Yu, B. Volling, 15. Analysis of Experimental and Quasi-Experimental Data: Pinpointing Explanations. J.P. Selig, T.D. Little, 16. Autoregressive and Cross-Lagged Panel Analysis for Longitudinal Data. K. London, D.B. Wright, 17. Analyzing Change between Two or More Groups: Analysis of Variance versus Analysis of Covariance. M.S. Fritz, D.P. MacKinnon, 18. Mediation Models for Developmental Data. Part 4. Intraindividual Longitudinal Analysis. M.J. Rovine, L.L. Lo, 19. Foundational Issues in Intraindividual Longitudinal Analysis. P.C.M. Molenaar, L.L. Lo, 20. Dynamic Factor Analysis and Control of Developmental Processes. I.A. Lee, T.D. Little, 21. P-Technique Factor Analysis. K. Keiley, C. Kirkland, A. Zaremba, A.A. Jackson, 22. Hazard, Event History, and Survival Modeling. Part 5. Combining Interindividual and Intraindividual Longitudinal Analysis. J.J. McArdle, 23. Foundational Issues in the Contemporary Modeling of Longitudinal Trajectories. K.J. Grimm, N. Ram, 24. Growth Curve Modeling from a Structural Equation Modeling Perspective. J.J. Hox, J. Boom, 25. Growth Curve Modeling from a Multilevel Model Perspective. S.A. Blozis, 26. Nonlinear Growth Modeling. D.S. Nagin, C.L. Odgers, 27. Group-Based Trajectory Modeling in Developmental Science. N. Ram, K.J. Grimm, L.M. Gatzke-Kopp, P.C.M. Molenaar, 28. Longitudinal Mixture Models and the Identification of Archetypes: Action-Adventure, Mystery, Science Fiction, or Romance. J.A. Bovaird, L.H. Shaw, 29. Multilevel Structural Equation Modeling. Part 6. Nonindependent Data Analysis. W.L. Cook, 30. Foundational Issues in Nonindependent Data Analysis. R.A. Ackerman, M.B. Donnellan, D.A. Kashy, R.D. Conger, 31. Dyadic Data Analyses in a Developmental Context. N.A. Card, R.B. Toomey, 32. Applying the Social Relations Model to Developmental Research. S.D. Gest, T.A. Kindermann, 33. Analysis of Static Social Networks and their Developmental Effects. R. Veenstra, C. Steglich, 34. Actor-Based Model for Network and Behavior Dynamics. Part 7. Special Topics in Data Analysis. A. von Eye, E.Y. Mun, R.M. Lerner, J.V. Lerner, E.P. Bowers, 35. Configural Frequency Analysis in Developmental Research. C. DiStefano, 36. Cluster Analysis and Latent Class Clustering Techniques. M.H. van IJzendoorn, M.J. Bakermans-Kranenburg, L.R.A. Alink, 37. Meta-Analysis in Developmental Science. M. Brendgen, F. Vitaro, A. Girard, 38. Evaluating Gene-Environment Interplay. J.L. Rodgers, A. Koval, Epidemic Models of the Onset of Social Activities. P. van Geert, 40. Dynamic Systems. S.A. Mistler, C.K. Enders, 41. Planned Missing Data Designs for Developmental Research.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781606236093 20160607
- Publisher's Summary
- Appropriate for use in developmental research methods or analysis of change courses, this is the first methods handbook specifically designed to meet the needs of those studying development. Leading developmental methodologists present cutting-edge analytic tools and describe how and when to use them, in accessible, nontechnical language. They also provide valuable guidance for strengthening developmental research with designs that anticipate potential sources of bias. Throughout the chapters, research examples demonstrate the procedures in action and give readers a better understanding of how to match research questions to developmental methods. The companion website (www.guilford.com/laursen-materials) supplies data and program syntax files for many of the chapter examples.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781606236093 20160607
- Publication date
- 9781606236093 (hardcover)
- 1606236091 (hardcover)
Browse related items
Start at call number: