East View LandScan global 2011
- [Oak Ridge, TN. : Oak Ridge National Laboratory, 2012]
- Physical description
- 1 online resource.
Search this database
- At approximately 1 km resolution (30" X 30"), LandScan is the finest resolution global population distribution data available and represents an ambient population (average over 24 hours). The LandScan algorithm uses spatial data and imagery analysis technologies and a multi-variable dasymetric modeling approach to disaggregate census counts within an administrative boundary. Since no single population distribution model can account for the differences in spatial data availability, quality, scale, and accuracy as well as the differences in cultural settlement practices, LandScan population distribution models are tailored to match the data conditions and geographical nature of each individual country and region.
- Supplemental links
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- LandScan 2011 Global Population Database
- LandScan global 2011
- Also known as: LandScan global population databases
- Map Data
- Scales differ.
- Title from WebApp access page (viewed on Sept. 7, 2012).