The soulful blues [electronic resource].
- Berkeley, CA : Prestige Records : Fantasy, Inc., p2000.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (76 min., 18 sec.)
- Jazz music library.
- The sin-in / Johnny "Hammond" Smith (4:20)
- Stand by me / Leiber, Stoller, King (2:49)
- Knock on wood / Floyd, Cropper (2:45)
- The soulful blues / Smith (7:25)
- Ebb tide / Robert Maxwell (2:40)
- Summertime / Gershwin, Heyward (3:30)
- Gettin' up / Smith (6:10)
- The "in" crowd / Billy Page (3:15)
- If I were a bell / Frank Loesser (8:33)
- Song for my father / Horace Silver (7: 10)
- Speak low / Weill, Nash (6:39)
- Unchained melody / Zaret, Norts (3:44)
- Nasty / Smith (9:00)
- Four bowls of soup / Smith (7:08).
- Release date
- Production date
- Jazz ensembles.
- Original program notes by Christopher Peters ( p.) inserted in original container.
- Originally issued as compact disc.
- Originally released as Ebb Tide on Prestige 7494 (track 1- 8); and Nasty on Prestige 7588 (track 9-14).
- Johnny "Hammond" Smith, organ ; Virgil Jones, trumpet, Houston Person, tenor saxophone, Thornel Schwartz, guitar, Jimmy Lewis, Fender bass, John Harris, drums (track 1-8) ; Houston Person, tenor saxophone, John Abercrombie, guitar, Grady Tate, drums (track 9-14).
- Recorded at Van Gelder Studio, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, March 3, 1967 (#1-8), and at Town Sound, New York City; June 18, 1968 (#9-14).
- Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2009. (Jazz music library). Available via World Wide Web.