Time for action : stop teaching to the test and start teaching skills
- Scott D. Wurdinger.
- Lanham, Md. : Rowman & Littlefield Education, c2012.
- Physical description
- x, 110 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB3051 .W87 2012||Unknown|
- Wurdinger, Scott D.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 105-110).
- Contents Preface Chapter One: Time For Action Chapter Two: Stop High Stakes Standardized Testing and Teaching to the Test Chapter Three: Moving From Memorization to Life Skills Chapter Four: Skills, Benchmarks, and Assessments Chapter Five: Preparing Educators for New School Models Chapter Six: Final Thoughts References.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781610486606 20160607
- Publisher's Summary
- This book should be read by anyone concerned about the future of education in the United States. It was written for students, parents, educators, administrators, and policy makers because it will require effort from all these individuals to create meaningful change in the education system. This book discusses why the education system needs to change now, and provides practical examples of teaching approaches, school models, and assessment systems that can move the education system forward in the right direction. Students deserve an education that teaches them how to solve challenging problems and inspires them to become life long learners. Read this book and then go out and implement these ideas.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781610486606 20160607
- Publication date
- 9781610486606 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 1610486609 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 9781610486613 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1610486617 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781610486620 (electronic)
- 1610486625 (electronic)
Browse related items
Start at call number: