Information sources in patents
- Stephen Adams.
- 3rd completely rev. ed.
- Berlin ; Boston : De Gruyter Saur, c2012.
- Physical description
- xxiii, 333 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Guides to information sources
At the library
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|T210 .I53 2012||In-library use|
- Adams, Stephen R.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Principles of patenting
- The European patent system
- The United States patent system
- The Japanese patent system
- The Patent Co-operation Treaty
- National patent systems of the G7 countries
- The BRIC nations, Asia, and regional patent systems
- Patent guides and libraries
- National and international patent information sources
- The non-patent literature for the patent searcher
- Common search types (I) : alerting searches
- Common search types (II) : patentability and freedom-to-operate searches
- Common search types (III) : portfolio and legal proceedings searching
- Sources for legal status searching
- Commercial intelligence search and analysis
- Specialist techniques
- Future developments
- Annex A. USPTO classification (current at 2011.02)
- Annex B. Historical JPO classification
- Annex C. Classes of the IPC (edition dated 2011.01)
- Annex D. The theme groups of the Japanese f-term system
- Appendix 1. Glossary of patenting terms
- Appendix 2. Contact list for major database producers, hosts, and libraries
- Appendix 3. Index of abbreviations.
Since the publication of the 2nd edition additional countries especially in Asia have become more prominent in industry. This completely revised edition takes account of the changing information scene e.g. in new chapters like BRIC nations (Brazil, Russia, India, and China), Asia and regional patent systems or Sources for legal status searching. This is an essential reference tool for academic librarians and information specialists as well as anyone needing to know where and how patent information can be found.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 9783110235111 (acid-free paper)
- 3110235110 (acid-free paper)
- 9783110235128 (e-ISBN)
- 3110235129 (e-ISBN)
Browse related items
Start at call number: