Omics : biomedical perspectives and applications
- edited by Debmalya Barh, Kenneth Blum, Margaret Anne Madigan.
- Boca Raton : CRC Press, c2012.
- Physical description
- xxii, 591 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 27 cm.
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|QH324.2 .O45 2012||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- SECTION I: Methodology and Application Bioinformatics: A Brief Introduction to Changing Trends in Modern Biology, A.A. Singh and P. Somvanshi Nutrigenomics, M. Verghese and J. Boateng Omics Approaches in Toxicology Research and Biomedical Applications, N.L. Lopez-Corrales, A. Miyoshi, V. Azevedo, T. Stuztman, and D. Barh Stem Cells: Basics and Therapeutic Applications, A.K. Arya and K. Tripathi Emerging Trends of Nanotechnology in Omics-Based Drug Discovery and Development, S. Selvarajan Magnetic Nanoparticles in Biomedical Applications, R. Zhang and H. Olin High-Throughput Screening in Medical Diagnosis and Prognosis, M. El Sayed Zaki High-Throughput Omics: The Application of Automated High-Throughput Methods and Systems for Solutions in Systems Biology, U. Kolukisaoglu and K. Thurow Safety in Diagnostic Imaging Techniques Used in Omics, R. Visaria, S. Prakash, J.T. Vaughan, and D. Shrivastava SECTION II: Empirical Research Molecular Genetics of Human Cancers: Modulation of the Tumor Suppressor Function of RB1 Gene Product in Human Vestibular Schwannomas, M.L. Gope, R. Mitra, and R. Gope Forward Genetics Approach in Genomics: Functional Identifi cation of Unknown Genes, B. Chatterjee Proteomics of Phagosomal Pathogens: Lessons from Listeria monocytogens and New Tools in Immunology, E. Rodriguez-Del Rio, C. Carranza-Cereceda, L. Fernandez-Prieto, J. Ramos-Vivas, and C. Alvarez-Dominguez SECTION III: Computational and Systems Biology In a Quest to Uncover Governing Principles of Cellular Networks: A Systems Biology Perspective, K. Selvarajoo and M. Tsuchiya Intermolecular Interaction in Biological Systems, Y. Fukunishi Implanted Brain-Machine Interfaces in Rats: A Modern Application of Neuromics, W. Chen, J. Dai, S. Zhang, X. Zheng, and X. Hu SECTION IV: Therapeutics Pharmacogenomics in Development of Disease-Specifi c Therapeutic Strategy, S. Sharma and A. Munshi Omics Approaches in Cancer Biomarker and Targeted Anticancer Drug Discovery, D. Dhawan and H. Padh Recent Advances in MicroRNA Expression Profiling Toward a Molecular Anatomy of Tumorigenesis and Applications for Diagnosis, Prognosis, and Therapeutics, H. Ohdaira and K. Yoshida Marine Metabolomics in Cancer Chemotherapy, D.M. Pereira, G. Correia-da-Silva, P. Valentao, N. Teixeira, and P.B. Andrade Genome-Wide Association Studies of Type 2 Diabetes: Current Status, Open Challenges, and Future Perspectives, H. Hong, L. Xu, D.L. Mendrick, and W. Tong Cardiac Channelopathies: Applications of Genomics and Proteomics in Diagnosis and Therapy, C. Viero Toward an Omic Perspective on Infectious Disease and Its Therapy: Integrating Immunoinformatics, Immunomics, and Vaccinomics, M.N. Davies and D.R. Flower NeuroAIDS and Omics of HIV Vpr, A. Swarup Verma, U. Pratap Singh, P. Mallick, P. Dhar Dwivedi, and A. Singh Epigenetics in Neuropsychiatry, T. Archer and K. Blum Neurogenetics and Nutrigenomics of Reward Deficiency Syndrome, K. Blum SECTION V: Future Perspective Future Perspective: Paving a Path to Optimization of Health, D. Barh, M.A. Madigan, and K. Blum.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781439850084 20160607
- Publisher's Summary
- A reflection of the explosion of research and development in this field, OMICS: Biomedical Perspectives and Applications explores applications of omics in bioinformatics, cancer research and therapy, diabetes research, plant science, molecular biology, and neurosciences. A select editorial panel of experts discusses their cutting edge omics research and novel technologies, supplying a basic platform of methods and applications and a resource for enhanced cross-pollination in a multiomics approach to future endeavors in the fertile fields of omics research. After an introduction on the omics universe, the book presents modern omics and its applications in nanotechnology, genomics, proteomics, metagenomics, toxicogenomics, immunomics, nutrigenomics, diabetes, neurology, cardiology, and cancer to name just a few. The book begins with an overview of omics and omic technologies such as cellomics, glycomics, and lipidomics. It also discusses bioinformatics, demonstrating how it can be a tool in omics, and examines the various approaches of omics technology in toxicology research and applications in biomedical sciences. While there are a long list of omics books available, most focus narrowly on one area. Presenting a wide view of the current status of integrative omics, this resource contains complete coverage of omics in research and therapy, ranging from neuroscience to cardiology. It collates recent developments in the field into a state-of-the-art framework for this discipline.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781439850084 20160607
- Publication date
- 9781439850084 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 1439850089 (hbk. : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: