Hidden dangers : subtle signs of failing schools
- Betsy Gunzelmann.
- 2nd ed.
- Lanham, Md. : Rowman & Littlefield Education, c2012.
- Physical description
- xiv, 129 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB2805 .G855 2012||Unknown|
- Gunzelmann, Betsy, 1952-
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Foreword Preface Reader's Note Acknowledgments Part One: The Complexity of Education: Conceptualization of Hidden Dangers 1 Understanding Hidden Dangers is More Complicated than Ever! 2 Cutting Edge Updates: Research-Based Education What We Can and Must Do! 3 A Necessary Foundation to Identify Hidden Dangers 4 Understanding Hidden Dangers: Is This Your School? Part Two: Specific Hidden Dangers 5 Hidden Assumptions, Attitudes and Procedures 6 Hidden Dangers in Testing 7 Hidden Dangers in Labeling 8 Hidden Dangers: Racial, Socio-Economic and Gender Inequities in Our Schools 9 Hidden Dangers: Paradoxical Safety Problems in Our Schools 10 Hidden Dangers in Our School Buildings Part Three: Hope and Change for Our Schools 11 Safe and Healthy School Climates 12 Transcending Hidden Dangers for All Children References About the Author.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781610485494 20160607
- Publisher's Summary
- The Hidden Dangers in our schools have grown and intensified over the last few years; so much so that I was compelled to write a second edition to Hidden Dangers: Subtle Signs of Failing Schools. Our schools are complex places; each with its own unique climate, administration, faculty, students, parents and community members. Clearly, schools do not work in a vacuum; each is affected by the much larger society, government and economy. In this new edition we will be introduced to the interplay of these facets and how they can help and in some cases hinder our schools, our teachers, and our students from thriving. We also learn why it is more complicated now than ever, and the stakes are even higher than when Hidden Dangers was originally published back in 2008.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781610485494 20160607
- Publication date
- 9781610485487 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 1610485483 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 9781610485494 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1610485491 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781610485500 (ebook)
- 1610485505 (ebook)
Browse related items
Start at call number: