Renewable energy sources and climate change mitigation : special report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change
- edited by Ottmar Edenhofer ... [et al.].
- New York : Cambridge University Press, 2012.
- Physical description
- xii, 1076 p. : col. ill. ; 28 cm.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Foreword-- Preface-- Summary for policymakers-- Technical summary-- 1. Renewable energy and climate change-- 2. Bioenergy-- 3. Direct solar energy-- 4. Geothermal energy-- 5. Hydropower-- 6. Ocean energy-- 7. Wind energy-- 8. Integration of renewable energy into present and future energy systems-- 9. Renewable energy in the context of sustainable development-- 10. Mitigation potential and costs-- 11. Policy, financing and implementation-- Annex I. Glossary and acronyms-- Annex II. Methodology-- Annex III. Recent renewable energy cost and performance parameters-- Annex IV. Contributors to the IPCC Special Report-- Annex V. Reviewers of the IPCC Special Report-- Annex VI. Permissions to publish.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781107607101 20160606
- Publisher's Summary
- This Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change Special Report (IPCC-SRREN) assesses the potential role of renewable energy in the mitigation of climate change. It covers the six most important renewable energy sources - bioenergy, solar, geothermal, hydropower, ocean and wind energy - as well as their integration into present and future energy systems. It considers the environmental and social consequences associated with the deployment of these technologies and presents strategies to overcome technical as well as non-technical obstacles to their application and diffusion. SRREN brings a broad spectrum of technology-specific experts together with scientists studying energy systems as a whole. Prepared following strict IPCC procedures, it presents an impartial assessment of the current state of knowledge: it is policy relevant but not policy prescriptive. SRREN is an invaluable assessment of the potential role of renewable energy for the mitigation of climate change for policymakers, the private sector and academic researchers.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781107607101 20160606
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Also known as: SRREN
- Also known as: Working Group III special report on renewable energy sources and climate change mitigation
- Special report on renewable energy sources and climate change mitigation
- 9781107023406 (hbk.)
- 1107023408 (hbk.)
- 9781107607101 (pbk.)
- 1107607108 (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: