Through the schoolhouse door : folklore, community, curriculum
- Paddy Bowman and Lynne Hamer, editors.
- Logan, Utah : Utah State University Press, 2011.
- Physical description
- xiii, 250 p. : ill., map ; 23 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1583.8 .T47 2011||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 226-239) and index.
- Forward: How to begin to know what you didn't know / Bonnie Stone Sunstein
- " I didn't know what I didn't know: reciprocal pedagogy / Paddy Bowman
- A tale of discovery: folklorists and educators collaborate to create and implement the Louisiana voices educator's guide / Maida Owens with Eileen Engel
- Here at home: learning local-culture pedagogy through cultural tours / Anne Pryor,...[et al.]
- Art at the threshold: folk artists in an urban classroom / Amanda Dargan
- From "show-me" traditions to "the show-me standards": teaching folk arts in Missouri classrooms / Lisa L. Higgins and Susan Eleuterio
- Every student rich in culture: Nebraska folklife trunks / Gwendolyn K. Meister with Patricia C. Kurtenbach
- Folkvine.org: Exploring arts-based research and habits of mind / Kristin G. Congdon with Karen Branen
- "When lunch was just lunch and not so complicated": (re)presenting student culture through an alternative tale / Lisa Rathje
- Turning the university inside out: the Padua Alliance for education and empowerment / Lynne Hamer
- Conclusion: Learned lessons, foreseeable futures / Paddy Bowman and Lynne Hamer.
- Publication date
- 9780874218596 (pbk.)
- 0874218594 (pbk.)
- 9780874218602 (e-book)
- 0874218608 (e-book)
Browse related items
Start at call number: