Health & Environmental Research Online (HERO) [electronic resource]
- EPA, United States Environmental Protection Agency.
- [Washington, DC] : Environmental Protection Agency, 2009-
- Physical description
- Web site.
- IRIS Chemical Assessments
- Risk Assessment Portal
- Data Finder
- Computational Toxicology
- Air Quality Assessments
- Waste & Cleanup Assessment
- Science Inventory
- EcoTox Database.
- The Health and Environmental Research Online (HERO) database provides an easy way to view the scientific literature behind EPA science assessments. The database includes more than 300,000 scientific articles from the peer-reviewed literature used by EPA to develop its Integrated Science Assessments (ISA) that feed into the NAAQS review. It also includes references and data from the Integrated Risk Information System (IRIS), a database that supports critical agency policymaking for chemical regulation. Risk assessments characterize the nature and magnitude of health risks to humans and the ecosystem from pollutants and chemicals in the environment. New studies are continuously added so scientists can keep abreast of new research. References are then sorted, classified and made available through HERO.
- Environmental health > United States.
- Public health > United States.
- Environmental protection > United States.
- Risk assessment.
- Environmental Health > United States.
- Public Health > United States.
- Conservation of Natural Resources > United States.
- Risk Assessment.
- Beginning date
- Title Variation
- HTML header title: Health and Environmental Research Online (HERO), US EPA
- HERO database
- Caption title and description based on resource as of 2010-03-29.
- "HERO launched in March, 2009"--FAQ.
- Access copy available to the general public. Unrestricted.
- File/Data Type
- Text (electronic database).
- Mode of access: World Wide Web; requires Adobe Acrobat Reader.