The R primer
- Claus Thorn Ekstrøm.
- Boca Raton, FL : CRC Press/Taylor & Francis, c2012.
- Physical description
- xii, 287 p. : ill. ; 22 cm.
Math & Statistics Library
|QA276.45 .R3 E37 2012||Unknown|
- Ekstrøm, Claus Thorn, 1971-
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 275) and index.
- Importing Data Reading spreadsheets Importing data from other statistical software programs Exporting data Manipulating Data Working with data frames Factors Transforming variables Statistical Analyses Descriptive statistics Linear models Generalized linear models Methods for analysis of repeated measurements Specific methods Model validation Contingency tables Agreement Multivariate methods Resampling statistics and bootstrapping Robust statistics Non-parametric methods Survival analysis Graphics High-level plots More advanced graphics Working with graphics R Getting information R packages The R workspace Bibliography Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781439862063 20160606
- Publisher's Summary
- Newcomers to R are often intimidated by the command-line interface, the vast number of functions and packages, or the processes of importing data and performing a simple statistical analysis. The R Primer provides a collection of concise examples and solutions to R problems frequently encountered by new users of this statistical software. Rather than explore the many options available for every command as well as the ever-increasing number of packages, the book focuses on the basics of data preparation and analysis and gives examples that can be used as a starting point. The numerous examples illustrate a specific situation, topic, or problem, including data importing, data management, classical statistical analyses, and high-quality graphics production. Each example is self-contained and includes R code that can be run exactly as shown, enabling results from the book to be replicated. While base R is used throughout, other functions or packages are listed if they cover or extend the functionality. After working through the examples found in this text, new users of R will be able to better handle data analysis and graphics applications in R. Additional topics and R code are available from the book's supporting website at www.statistics.life.ku.dk/primer/.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781439862063 20160606
- Publication date
- "A Chapman & Hall book"
- 9781439862063 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- 1439862060 (hardcover : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: