Trauma [electronic resource] : A Comprehensive Emergency Medicine Approach
- Edited by Eric Legome, Lee W. Shockley.
- Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 2011
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (736 p.) : digital, PDF file(s).
- Preface-- Part I. Approach to Trauma: 1. Decision making in trauma Julie Mayglothling, Peter Rosen and Ernest Moore-- 2. Initial approach to trauma Marian E. Betz, Carrie D. Tibbles and Carlo L. Rosen-- 3. Mechanism of injury Aaron Hexdall and Maurizio A. Miglietta-- 4. Multiple casualties and disaster preparedness Carl Bonnett, Shawn Ulrich, Charles Little and Fred Severyn-- 5. Trauma airway Abe Berger, Christine Preblick and Pinchas Halperin-- Part II. The Injured Patient: 6. Head trauma Livia Santiago-Rosado, Matthew Simons and Andy Jagoda-- 7. Oral and maxillofacial trauma Kurt Whitaker and John E. Frank-- 8. Ophthalmology Heather Mahoney-- 9. Neck trauma Niels K. Rathlev-- 10. Injuries of the spine - musculoskeletal Daniel Zlogar and Ron Medzon-- 11. Injuries of the spine - nerve Ron Medzon-- 12. Chest trauma Alasdair Conn-- 13. Abdominal trauma Jennifer Isenhour and John Marx-- 14. Genitourinary trauma James F. Holmes-- 15. Pelvic fracture Jean Hammel-- 16. Upper extremity bony trauma Moira Davenport and Tamara A. Scerpella-- 17. Lower extremity bony trauma Moira Davenport and Tamara A. Scerpella-- 18. Cutaneous injuries E. Parker Hays and D. Matthew Sullivan-- 19. Soft-tissue extremity injuries Kaushal Shah and Omar Bholat-- 20. Vascular injuries Phillip L. Rice, Jr and Jonathan S. Gates-- Part III. Special Considerations: 21. Trauma in pregnancy Diana Felton and Carrie Tibbles-- 22. Geriatric trauma Phillip D. Levy and Michael Stern-- 23. Medical concerns in trauma patients Phillip D. Levy-- 24. Sexual assault Kristin E. Harkin, Elizabeth Borock and Andrew Amaranto-- 25. Injury prevention Salvatore Pardo-- 26. Rural trauma care Neil Waldman and David Dreitlin-- 27. Pain management Knox H. Todd and Christine Preblick-- Part IV. Imaging in Trauma: 28. Plain radiographs David Schwartz, Nancy Kwon and Alexander Baxter-- 29. Ultrasound John Kendall and Brandon H. Buckland-- 30. Computed tomography Sassan Naderi and Mark Bernstein-- 31. Angiography and interventional radiology Stephen J. Wolf, Giustino Albanese and Charles Ray, Jr-- Part V. Procedures and Skills: 32. Anesthesia Maria E. Moreira-- 33. Fluid and blood component therapy administration Ugo A. Ezenkwele and Spiros G. Francos-- 34. Trauma procedures I Mari Hoffman and Elizabeth Mitchell-- 35. Trauma procedures II Nancy Kwon, Sajan Patel and Elizabeth Mitchell-- 36. Wound closure techniques Vincent J. Markovchick and Maria E. Moreira-- 37. Universal/standard procedures David Peak-- Part VI. Administration: 38. Prehospital care Aaron Eberhardt and Christopher B. Colwell-- 39. Professionalism Erica Kreisman and Lewis Goldfrank-- 40. Communication and interpersonal issues Matthew R. Levine-- 41. Research Jason S. Haukoos and Debra Houry-- 42. Trauma nursing Nancy Martin, Julie Mayglothling and Marion Machado-- Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780521870573 20160606
- Publisher's Summary
- Trauma: A Comprehensive Emergency Medicine Approach is a fully illustrated, interdisciplinary overview of trauma. Using both evidence-based approaches and a practical understanding of the emergency department, it gives a broad and in-depth review of trauma care. The entire spectrum of trauma presentations is reviewed from minor soft-tissue injuries through to major life-threatening conditions. Written by over 50 expert contributors, it gives concrete and practical recommendations for evaluation, treatment, consultation and disposition decisions on both common and unusual conditions. Extensive use of photographs, illustrations and key information boxes is used to make the material accessible. Additional sections provide an overview of multiple other issues relating to emergency management of trauma including administrative, nursing, research and legal matters. This book provides an essential reference for anyone who is called upon to provide acute trauma care in the emergency department.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780521870573 20160606
- Publication date
- Title from publishers bibliographic system (viewed on 02 Mar 2012).
- Also issued in print format.
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Available in another form
- Print version: ( 9780521870573 )
- 9780511975769 (ebook)
- 9780521870573 (hardback)