Our stories, ourselves : the emBODYment of women's learning in literacy
- edited by Mev (Mary Evelyn) Miller and Kathleen P. King.
- Charlotte, N.C. : Information Age Pub., c2011.
- Physical description
- xx, 244 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Adult education special topics.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LC1663 .O94 2011||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Publisher's Summary
- A volume in the series: Adult Education Special Topics, Research & Practice in Lifelong Learning, Series Editor: Kathleen P. King Women's lives are often written on our bodies. Yet very little is made of the impacts of embodiment for women in literacy education, both learners and professionals. This volume presents the writings of 26 contributors-teachers, students, and administrators-who examine the rich terrain of personal and professional experiences related to whole person engagement in learning and teaching. These writings provide a compass to guide readers through the bodily landscapes, mindful flights, willful spirits, and emotional embraces. Written with the same desire to open minds, hearts and practices to new understanding, this book builds on the successful style of Empowering Women through Literacy (2009). This new volume appeals to all readers, as the essays, poems, and investigations woven through its pages challenge us to consider the emBODYment of women's learning. Join us on the journey as we travel across many arenas and discover significant ways to comprehend and support best practices in teaching and learning, especially for women.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781617356384 20160607
- Publication date
- Adult education special topics : theory, research, and practice in lifelong learning
- 9781617356384 (pbk.)
- 1617356387 (pbk.)
- 9781617356391 (hardcover)
- 1617356395 (hardcover)
- 9781617356407 (ebook)
- 1617356409 (ebook)
Browse related items
Start at call number: