Behavioral Sport Psychology : Evidence-Based Approaches to Performance Enhancement
- James K. Luiselli, Derek D. Reed, editors.
- New York : Springer Science, ©2011.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (xii, 272 pages)
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Overview of behavioral sport psychology / Garry L. Martin and Kendra Thomson
- Actigraphy : the ambulatory measurement of physical activity / Warren W. Tryon
- Quantitative analysis of sports / Derek D. Reed
- Single-case evaluation of behavioral coaching interventions / James K. Luiselli
- Cognitive assessment in behavioral sport psychology / Bradley Donohue, Yani L. Dickens, and Philip D. Del Vecchio III
- Goal setting and performance feedback / Phillip Ward
- Cognitive-behavioral strategies / Jeffrey L. Brown
- Establishing and maintaining physical exercise / Christopher C. Cushing and Ric G. Steele
- Behavioral momentum in sports / Henry S. Roane
- Developing fluent, efficient, and automatic repertoires of athletic performance / Brian K. Martens and Scott R. Collier
- Sports neuropsychology and cerebral concussion / Frank M. Webbe
- Aggression in competitive sports : using direct observation to evaluate incidence and prevention focused intervention / Chris J. Gee
- Behavioral effects of sport nutritional supplements : fact or fiction? / Stephen Ray Flora
- Cognitive-behavioral coach training : a translational approach to theory, research, and intervention / Ronald E. Smith and Frank L. Smoll
- Conclusions and recommendations : toward a comprehensive framework of evidenced-based practice with performers / Gershon Tenenbaum and Lael Gershgoren.
- Sport psychology is a topic of growing interest. Many professionals read journals such as The International Journal of Sports, Journal of Sport Behavior, Journal of Applied Sport Psychology, Research Quarterly for Exercise and Sport, and The Sport Psychologist. In August 2008, Monitor on Psychology, the monthly publication of the American Psychological Association (APA), featured a special issue on sport psychology. Indeed, Division 47 of APA is devoted to "the scientific, educational, and clinical foundations of exercise and sport psychology." The North American Society for the Psyc.
- Publication date
- 9781461400707 (electronic bk.)
- 1461400708 (electronic bk.)