Teaching, learning, and the net generation : concepts and tools for reaching digital learners
- Sharmila Pixy Ferris, [editor].
- Hershey PA : Information Science Reference, c2012.
- Physical description
- xxv, 462 p. : ill ; 29 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1028.3 .T3857 2012 F||Unknown|
- Ferris, Sharmila Pixy.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 411-447) and index.
- Publisher's Summary
- Although a growing body of research demonstrates the need for education to adapt to the needs of the Net Generation, research also shows that traditional teaching methods continue to dominate the classroom. To stay effective, higher education must adapt to the needs of this unique generation of digital natives who grew up with computer technologies and social media. Teaching, Learning and the Net Generation: Concepts and Tools for Reaching Digital Learners provides pedagogical resources for understanding digital learners, and effectively teaching and learning with today s generation of digital natives. This book creates a much-needed resource that moves beyond traditional disciplinary and geographical boundaries, bridges theories and practice, and addresses emerging issues in technology and pedagogy.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781613503478 20160607
- Publication date
- "Premier reference source"--Cover.
- 9781613503478 (hardcover)
- 1613503474 (hardcover)
- 9781613503485 (ebook)
- 1613503482 (ebook)
- 9781613503492 (print & perpetual access)
- 1613503490 (print & perpetual access)
Browse related items
Start at call number: