Positive behavior support in secondary schools : a practical guide
- Ellie L. Young ... [et al.].
- New York : Guilford Press, c2012.
- Physical description
- xviii, 158 p. : ill. ; 27 cm.
- Guilford practical intervention in the schools series.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1027.55 .P67 2012||Unknown|
- Young, Ellie L.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 145-152) and index.
- Foundational Ideas. Adolescent Needs and Secondary Settings. The Importance of School Climate. Planning for Implementation. Schoolwide Interventions. Monitoring Implementation and Outcomes Using Data. Schoolwide Screening. Targeted Interventions: Tier 2. Individual Interventions: Tier 3. Sustainability and Maintenance.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781609189730 20160607
- Publisher's Summary
- This much-needed guide shows how to implement Positive Behavior Support (PBS) strategies in secondary settings, using a three-tiered approach. The authors adapt the core ideas of PBS to the developmental context of adolescence and the organizational structures of middle schools and junior and senior high schools. With an emphasis on data-based decision making, the book provides ideas and examples for meeting the behavioral needs of all students, from those with emerging concerns to those with ongoing, chronic problems. It takes practitioners step by step through planning, implementing, evaluating, and sustaining schoolwide, small-group, and individual interventions. In a large-size format with convenient lay-flat binding, the book includes useful reproducible forms.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781609189730 20160607
- Publication date
- The Guilford practical intervention in the schools series
- 9781609189730 (pbk.)
- 1609189736 (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: