A short guide to writing about biology
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 269-271) and index.
- PART I General Advice about Writing and Reading.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This best-selling writing guide by a prominent biologist teaches students to think as biologists and to express ideas clearly and concisely through their writing. Providing students with the tools they'll need to be successful writers in college and their profession, A Short Guide to Writing about Biology emphasizes writing as a means to examine, evaluate, share, and refine ideas. The text teaches students how to read critically, study, evaluate and report data, and how to communicate information clearly and logically. Students are also given detailed advice on locating useful sources, interpreting the results of statistical tests, maintaining effective laboratory and field notebooks, writing effective research proposals and poster presentations, writing effective applications, and communicating information to both professional and general audiences.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Jan A. Pechenik.
- The short guide series
- 9780205075072 (alk. paper)
- 020507507X (alk. paper)