Structural equation modeling with Mplus : basic concepts, applications, and programming
- Barbara M. Byrne.
- New York : Routledge, c2012.
- Physical description
- xvii, 412 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Multivariate applications book series.
Math & Statistics Library
|QA278 .B974 2012||Unknown|
- Byrne, Barbara M.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 373-394) and indexes.
- Part 1: Introduction. 1. Structural Equation Models: The Basics. 2. Using the Mplus Program. Part 2: Single-Group Analyses. Confirmatory Factor Analytic Models 3. Testing the Factorial Validity of a Theoretical Construct (1st-order CFA Model). 4. Testing the Factorial Validity of Scores from a Measuring Instrument (1st-order CFA Model). 5. Testing the Validity of Scores from a Measuring Instrument (2nd-order CFA Model). The Full Latent Variable Model 6. Testing the Validity of a Causal Structure. Part 3: Multiple-Group Analyses. Confirmatory Factor Analytic Models 7. Testing for the Factorial Equivalence of a Measuring Instrument (Analysis of Covariance Structures). 8. Testing for the Equivalence of Latent Factor Means (Analysis of Mean and Covariance Structures). The Full Latent Variable Model 9. Testing for the Equivalence of a Causal Structure (Analysis of Covariance Structures). Part 4: Other Important Topics. 10. Testing Evidence of Construct Validity: The Multitrait-multimethod Model. 11. Testing Change Over Time: The Latent Growth Curve Model. 12. Testing Within- and Between-level Variability: The Multilevel Model.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781848728394 20160606
- Publisher's Summary
- Modeled after Barbara Byrne's other best-selling structural equation modeling (SEM) books, this practical guide reviews the basic concepts and applications of SEM using Mplus Versions 5 & 6. The author reviews SEM applications based on actual data taken from her own research. Using non-mathematical language, it is written for the novice SEM user. With each application chapter, the author "walks" the reader through all steps involved in testing the SEM model including: * an explanation of the issues addressed * illustrated and annotated testing of the hypothesized and post hoc models * explanation and interpretation of all Mplus input and output files * important caveats pertinent to the SEM application under study * a description of the data and reference upon which the model was based * the corresponding data and syntax files available at http://www.psypress.com/sem-with-mplus/datasets . The first two chapters introduce the fundamental concepts of SEM and important basics of the Mplus program. The remaining chapters focus on SEM applications and include a variety of SEM models presented within the context of three sections: Single-group analyses, Multiple-group analyses, and other important topics, the latter of which includes the multitrait-multimethod, latent growth curve, and multilevel models. Intended for researchers, practitioners, and students who use SEM and Mplus, this book is an ideal resource for graduate level courses on SEM taught in psychology, education, business, and other social and health sciences and/or as a supplement for courses on applied statistics, multivariate statistics, intermediate or advanced statistics, and/or research design. Appropriate for those with limited exposure to SEM or Mplus, a prerequisite of basic statistics through regression analysis is recommended.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781848728394 20160606
- Publication date
- Multivariate applications series
- 9781848728394 (pbk. : acid-free paper)
- 1848728395 (pbk. : acid-free paper)
- 9780805859867 (hbk. : acid-free paper)
- 0805859861 (hbk. : acid-free paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: