Law and ethics in global business : how to integrate law and ethics into corporate governance around the world
- Brian L. Nelson.
- London ; New York : Routledge, 2006.
- Physical description
- viii, 302 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
- Nelson, Brian L.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Part 1: Introduction 1. A Global Framework 2. Making Business Decisions Integrating Law and Ethics
- Part 2: Basic Business Laws 3. Business Regulation in General 4. Private Property Rights 5. General Obligations (Tort Law) 6. Contract Rights and Obligations
- Part 3: Government Regulation 7. Relationships with Competitors: Competition Law 8. Relationships with Consumers: Consumer Protection 9. Relationships with Local Communities: Environmental Law 10. Relationships with Employees: Employment and Labor Law 11. Relationships with Taxing Authorities: International Corporate Income Taxation
- Part 4: Corporate Governance 12. Relationships with Shareholders: Corporate Law 13. Relationships with Share Traders: Securities Regulation 14. Relationships with Regulators: Internal Controls 15. Relationships with Directors: Board Supervision 16. Relationships with Creditors: Creditors' Rights and Bankruptcy Law
- Part 5: Other Legal Facilities 17. Dispute Resolution: Litigation, Arbitration and Mediation 18. Intellectual Property Rights: Patents, Copyrights, Trademarks and Trade Secrets 19. International and European Patents 20. Insuring Business Risks.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
This book provides comprehensive and, above all, business focused guidance on the fundamentals of business law and how they should be integrated into ethical and effective business decisions. It concentrates on legal principles and thereby is able to articulate the impact of global business law and its international applications providing a comprehensive overview of the legal and ethical principles which both facilitate and regulate corporate business. This is an ambitious undertaking, yet arguably no more ambitious than the projects undertaken by global business leaders making business decisions around the world. The author combines the expertise of a long-term blue chip law background with the insights of an experienced business educator. Law and Ethics in Global Business is both a comprehensive course book for MBA study and an invaluable business reference source for any executive involved in global business.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Supplemental links
Table of contents
Table of contents
- Publication date
- 0415377781 (hbk.)
- 041537779X (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: