Academic entrepreneurship in Asia : the role and impact of universities in national innovation systems
- Cheltenham, UK ; Northampton, MA : Edward Elgar, c2011.
- Physical description
- viii, 354 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- New horizons in entrepreneurship.
LC1085.4 .A78 A23 2011
- Unknown LC1085.4 .A78 A23 2011
- Wong, Poh Kam.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Contents: 1. Contribution of Universities to National Innovation Systems in Asia: Technology Commercialization and Academic Entrepreneurship Poh-Kam Wong, Yuen-Ping Ho and Annette Singh 2. The Role and Impact of Universities in National and Regional Innovation Systems: Kyushu University's Experience Toru Tanigawa, Hiromi Sasaki and Megumi Takata 3. Invention Management in Japanese Universities and its Implications for Innovation: Insights from the University of Tokyo Robert Kneller 4. Academic Patenting in Japan: Illustration from a Leading Japanese University Makiko Tahashi and Rene Carraz 5. University Technology Commercialization and Academic Entrepreneurship in Korea: The KAIST Experience Zong-Tae Bae and Sangmoon Park 6. The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology: A Case Study in Entrepreneurial-University-Led Knowledge Based Economic Development Naubahar Sharif and Erik Baark 7. Towards a 'Global Knowledge Enterprise': The Entrepreneurial University Model of the National University of Singapore Poh-Kam Wong, Yuen-Ping Ho and Annette Singh 8. University Technology Commercialization in Taiwan: National Taiwan University (NTU) and National Taiwan University of Science and Technology (NTUST) Paul C.B. Liu, Dar-Zen Chen and Jen-Diann Chiou 9. University Technology Transfer and Commercialization in China: Using Tsinghua University as a Case Yixin Dai and Lan Xue 10. Knowledge Production and Knowledge Transfer: A Study of Two Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT Madras and IIT Bombay) V.V. Krishna and Nimesh Chandra 11. University Technology Transfer and Commercialization: The Case of Multimedia University, Malaysia Ming-Yu Cheng 12. University Technology Transfer and Commercialization: The Case of Mahidol University, Thailand Thanaphol Virasa Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Technology entrepreneurship has been on the rise in Asia. This timely book examines the phenomenon of academic entrepreneurship and technology commercialization among leading universities in Asia by presenting in-depth analysis of thirteen leading universities from nine Asian economies (e.g. Tokyo University in Japan, Tsinghua in China, IIT Mumbai in India, and the National University of Singapore). Written by scholars with deep institutional knowledge of the respective university, they provide an authoritative account of the distinctive features of academic entrepreneurship at these universities and offers insights on policy implications.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- edited by Poh Kam Wong.
- New horizons in entrepreneurship
- 9781849803076 (hbk.)
- 1849803072 (hbk.)