Ad*Access [electronic resource]
- John W. Hartman Center for Sales, Advertising, and Marketing History.
- [Durham, N.C.] : Digital Scriptorium, Rare Book, Manuscript, and Special Collections Library, Duke University, c1999.
- Browse Ad*access
- Search Ad*access database
- About Ad*access
- Technical information
- Frequently asked questions.
- ["Presents images and database information for over 7,000 advertisements printed in U.S. and Canadian newspapers and magazines between 1911 and 1955. Concentrates on five main subject areas: radio, television, transportation, beauty and hygiene, and World War II, providing a view of a number of major campaigns and companies through images preserved in the J. Walter Thompson Company Competitive Advertisements Collection of the John W. Hartman Center for Sales, Advertising, and Marketing History in Duke University's Rare Book, Manuscript, and Special Collections Library."]
- Advertising > United States > Databases.
- Advertising > Canada > Databases.
- Women > Health and hygiene.
- Railroad travel > United States > History.
- Hygiene products.
- World War, 1939-1945 > Mass media and the war.
- Advertising > Airlines.
- Advertising, Magazine > Canada > History.
- Advertising > United States > History > World War, 1939-1945.
- Advertising > United States > History.
- Advertising > United States > History > Databases.
- Radio > History.
- Television > History.
- Advertising > Toilet preparations.
- Advertising > Transportation.
- Mass media > Social aspects > United States > History.
- Advertising, Magazine > United States > History.
- Cosmetics > History.
- Advertising > Social aspects > United States > History.
- Duke University. Special Collections Library.
- Private universities and colleges.
- Academic libraries.
- Advertising > Databases.
- Durham (N.C.)
- North Carolina.
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Ad Access
- File Characteristics
- Electronic data.
- Title from Web page (viewed June 17, 1999).
- Production Credits
- Lynn Pritcher, Project Manager; Steve Hensen, Project Director; Ellen Gartrell and staff of Hartman Center for Sales, Advertising & Marketing History, item selelction and description; Stephen Miller, EAD encoding; Paul Mangiafico, director of the Digital Scriptorium.
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.