Beginning interpretative inquiry : a step-by-step approach to research and evaluation
- Richard E. Morehouse.
- London ; New York : Routledge, 2012.
- Physical description
- vi, 140 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1028 .M6437 2012||Unknown|
- Morehouse, Richard (Richard E.)
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -134) and index.
- 1. Introduction 2. Before Beginning your Inquiry Project 3. The Interpretative Stance: Inquiry in media res 4. A Closer Look at What Counts as Interpretative Inquiry 5. Transition: Key Terms to Understand in the Practice of Interpretative Inquiry 6. Where do Ideas Come From? Developing Ideas for Inquiry Projects 7. Launching the Inquiry: Literature Search and Review, Problem Statement, Design, and Sample 8. Data Collection and Data Analysis 9. Ethics and the Institutional Review Board (IRB) 10. Writing for Publication.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415601894 20160607
- Publisher's Summary
- Beginning Interpretive Inquiry importantly makes the distinction between the use of 'inquiry' rather than interpretive research or interpretive evaluation. Richard Morehouse explores how inquiry is a far more inclusive concept that allows for a detailed understanding of both research and evaluation. The author draws on his personal experiences and observations that many academics and practitioners in education, psychology and many other academic disciplines are successfully engaged in both research and evaluation and that in practice these enterprises share much in common. This book provides detailed examples of different projects; some that are primarily research oriented, others that are primarily evaluation; and projects that effectively and seamlessly combine both research and evaluation. Having provided a solid philosophical foundation for an understanding of interpretive inquiry, the author gives a detailed and accessible step-by-step approach that explores all stages of the process including: How the processes of interpretive inquiry fit together Understanding where inquiry ideas come from How to develop an appropriate inquiry sample Data collection mechanisms Effective data analysis Writing successfully for publication Complete with case studies of a wide variety of interpretive inquiry projects this vital new book is an essential tool for researchers from a wide range of disciples. It will help them plan, conduct and evaluate research that successfully blends both qualitative and quantitative approaches.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415601894 20160607
- Publication date
- 9780415601887 (hardback)
- 0415601886 (hardback)
- 9780415601894 (pbk.)
- 0415601894 (pbk.)
- 9780203818244 (e book)
- 0203818245 (e book)
Browse related items
Start at call number: