Educating from Marx : race, gender, and learning
- edited by Sara Carpenter and Shahrzad Mojab.
- 1st ed.
- New York : Palgrave Macmillan, 2011.
- Physical description
- xii, 258 p. ; 22 cm.
- Marxism and education.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LC5225 .S64 E385 2011||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -248) and index.
- PART I: MARXIST-FEMINISTS ORGANIZING KNOWLEDGE Introduction: A Specter Haunts Adult Education: Crafting a Marxist-Feminist Framework for Adult Education & Learning-- S.Carpenter & S.Mojab Ideology, Science, and Social Relations: A Reinterpretation of Marx's Epistemology-- D.Smith Building from Marx: Reflections on 'Race', Gender, and Class-- H.Bannerji PART II: MARXIST-FEMINIST PRAXIS Examining the Social Relations of Learning Citizenship: Citizenship and Ideology in Adult Education-- S.Carpenter Learning to Mentor Young People: A Saintly Vocation or an Alienating Experience?-- H.Colley Exploring the Social Relations of Class Struggle in the Ontario Minimum Wage Campaign-- S.Wilmot The Ideological Construction of 'Canadian Work Experience': Adult Education and the Reproduction of Labor and Difference-- B.Slade PART III:MARXIST-FEMINISM, IMPERIALISM, AND CULTURE Adult Education in/and Imperialism-- S.Mojab Materiality and Memory: A Marxist-Feminist Perspective on the 'Cultural Turn' in Adult Education-- T.Silver Epilogue: Living Revolution, Learning Revolution, Teaching Revolution-- S.Mojab & S.Carpenter.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- In recent years adult educators have been working to develop an important body of literature on neo-liberalism, capitalism, and imperialism. Many of these analyses draw on various strands of Marxist theorizing. With the exception of Jane Thompson's work as an early socialist feminist, a Marxist-Feminist framework has yet to be articulated for adult education. This text combines original empirical studies with literature review from critical adult education and feminist theory to examine the sites, theories, and practices of adult education from a Marxist-Feminist perspective.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Marxism and education
- 9780230115811 (hardback)
- 0230115810 (hardback)
Browse related items
Start at call number: