Handbook of biofuels production [electronic resource] : processes and technologies
- edited by Rafael Luque, Juan Campelo and James Clark.
- Oxford ; Philadelphia : Woodhead Pub., 2011.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (xxiv, 659 p.) : ill.
- Woodhead Publishing in energy ; no. 15.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- pt. I. Key issues and assessment of biofuels production. 1. Introduction : an overview of biofuels and production technologies / R. Luque and J.M. Campelo, J.H. Clark
- 2. Multiple objectives policy for biofuels production / C. de Lucia
- 3. Life cycle sustainability assessment of biofuels / A. Azapagic and H. Stichnothe
- 4. Vegetable-based feedstocks for biofuels production / S. Pinzi and M.P. Dorado
- pt. II. Biofuels from chemical and biochemical conversion processes and technologies. 5. Production of biofuels via chemical catalytic conversion / R. Verhé, C. Echim and C. Stevens
- 6. Biochemical catalytic production of biodiesel / S. al-Zuhair
- 7. Production of glycerol-free and alternative biodiesels / A. Macario ... [et al.]
- 8. Biodiesel production from microbial oil / A.A. Koutinas and S. Papanikolaou
- 9. Biochemical production of bioethanol / M. Arshadi and H. Grundberg
- 10. Biochemical production of biobutanol / M. Köpke and P. Dürre
- 11. Biochemical production of other bioalchohols / S.D. Minteer
- 12. Production of biogas via anaerobic digestion / K. Stamatelatou, G. Antonopoulou and G.L. Lyberatos
- 13. Biological and fermentative production of hydrogen / G. Antonopoulou ... [et al.].
- pt. III. Biofuels from thermal and thermo-chemical conversion processes and technologies. 15. Production of biofuels via catalytic cracking / J.A. Melero, A. García and M. Clavero
- 16. Production of bio-syngas and biohydrogen via gasification / A. Dutta and B. Acharya
- 17. Production of bioalchohols via gasification / J.M.N. van Kasteren
- 18. Production of biofuels via hydrothermal conversion / S.R.A. Kersten, D. Kneževíc and R.H. Venderbosch
- 19. Production of biofuels via Fischer-Tropsch synthesis / A. Lappas and E. Heracleous
- 20. Production of biofuels via biomass reforming / G. van Rossum and S.R.A. Kersten
- pt. IV. Integrated production and application of biofuels. 21. Biofuel-driven biorefineries for the co-production of transportation fuels and added-value products / R. van Ree ... [et al.]
- 22. Valorization of by-products for the production of biofuels / C. Echim ... [et al.]
- 23. Utilisation of biofuels in diesel engines / T. Le Anh, I.K. Reksowardojo and K. Wattanavichien.
- Publisher's Summary
- In response to the global increase in the use of biofuels as substitute transportation fuels, advanced chemical, biochemical and thermochemical biofuels production routes are fast being developed. Research and development in this field is aimed at improving the quality and environmental impact of biofuels production, as well as the overall efficiency and output of biofuels production plants. The range of biofuels has also increased to supplement bioethanol and biodiesel production, with market developments leading to the increased production and utilisation of such biofuels as biosyngas, biohydrogen and biobutanol, among others. Handbook of biofuels production provides a comprehensive and systematic reference on the range of biomass conversion processes and technology. Part one reviews the key issues in the biofuels production chain, including feedstocks, sustainability assessment and policy development. Part two reviews chemical and biochemical conversion and in turn Part three reviews thermal and thermo-chemical conversion, with both sections detailing the wide range of processes and technologies applicable to the production of first, second and third generation biofuels. Finally, Part four reviews developments in the integration of biofuels production, including biorefineries and by-product valorisation, as well as the utilisation of biofuels in diesel engines. With its distinguished international team of contributors, Handbook of biofuels production is a standard reference for biofuels production engineers, industrial chemists and biochemists, plant scientists, academics and researchers in this area. * A comprehensive and systematic reference on the range of biomass conversion processes and technologies* Addresses the key issues in the biofuels production chain, including feedstocks, sustainability assessment and policy development* Reviews chemical and bio-chemical conversion techniques as well as thermal and thermo-chemical conversion, detailing the range of processes and technologies applicable to biofuels production.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Woodhead Publishing series in energy, 2044-9364 ; no. 15
- Available in another form
- Print version: Handbook of biofuels production. Oxford ; Philadelphia : Woodhead Pub., 2011 ( 9781845696795 )
- 9781613443545 (electronic bk.)
- 1613443544 (electronic bk.)
- 9780857090492 (e-book)
- 0857090496 (e-book)