Mirror images : new reflections on teacher leadership
- Casey Reason, Clair Reason.
- Thousand Oaks, Calif. : Corwin Press, c2011.
- Physical description
- xxii, 196 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1775 .R34 2011||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 177-182) and index.
- Acknowledgments About the Authors Preface 1. The Learning Advocate 2. The Believer 3. The Transformationalist 4. The Synergizer 5. The Method Master 6. The Fully Invested Owner 7. The Present Balance Keeper 8. The Servant 9. The Inquisitor 10. The Detective Conclusion References Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781412994040 20160607
- Publisher's Summary
- What inspires teachers to see themselves as leaders? Mirror Images takes a comprehensive look at what teacher leadership means today and how teachers can transform the future of their profession. Included are ten iconic images of teacher leadership roles to help teachers move beyond teaching as they were taught. The authors make a compelling case for the importance of teacher leadership today, based on these current conditions: Top-down change is less effective today than ever Teacher leadership in schools is a force, not a position Old stereotypes of teaching keep teachers from striving for more Leadership, learning, and change are united This book challenges you to avoid simply becoming a replica of teachers you have seen in the past. Instead, embrace your own vision for what is possible and become the teacher leader you were destined to be.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781412994040 20160607
- Publication date
- 9781412994040 (pbk.)
- 1412994047 (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: