School-university partnerships for educational change in rural South Africa : particular challenges and practical cases
- edited by Faisal Islam ... [et al.] ; with a foreword by C.A. Odora Hoppers.
- Lewiston, N.Y. : Edwin Mellen Press, c2011.
- Physical description
- viii, 264 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB2331.53 .S34 2011||Unknown|
- Islam, Faisal.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Partnerships for Hope: An Introduction - Faisal Islam, Claudia Mitchell, Naydene de Lange, and Robert Balfour-- Understanding Rurality in the Troubling Context: Prospects and Challenges - Robert Balfour, Claudia Mitchell, and Relebohile Moletsane-- School-University Partnerships in Preparing New Teachers: Possibilities and Limitations - Faisal Islam-- Transforming Teacher Education? A Rural Teacher Education Project Experience - Claudia Mitchell, Naydene de Lange, Robert Balfour, and Faisal Islam-- The Challenge of Teaching in Under-Resourced Schools: A Reflection on Preservice Teachers' Journals - Vitallis Chikoko-- Taking Photographs, Forming Partnerships - Patricia Staniforth and Caitlin Wake-- Finding Allies and Making Connections in Rural Classrooms in Addressing HIV & AIDS - Katie MacEntee-- A University-School Partnership in Preparing Preservice Teachers to Work in Rural Schools: A Case Study of Blogging - John Pascarella-- After-school Engagement Activities, Teacher Education, and Service Learning in a Rural School in KwaZulu-Natal: Challenges and Opportunities - Rodney Handelsman-- Youth as Knowledge Producers: Re-Visioning Teacher/Learner Roles Through Extracurricular Activities - Jean Stuart, Dorothe Raht, and Jessica Smith-- What Do Schools Gain? One School's Perspective on the School-University Partnership - Faisal Islam-- The Experiences and Expectations of Mentor Teachers in Two Rural Schools - Martin Combrinck and Mari van Wyk-- Landscape Shapes Mindscape: Partnerships as Agency in a Community of Learning - Jane Pennefeather.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Proposes fresh pedagogies for social change in rural schools and communities within and around South Africa. This work covers such topics as: mentoring, innovative teaching technologies approaches and the use of technology in teacher education.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: