An introduction to nonlinear functional analysis and elliptic problems
- Antonio Ambrosetti, David Arcoya.
- Boston : Birkhaüser, c2011.
- Physical description
- xii, 199 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Progress in nonlinear differential equations and their applications ; v. 82.
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|QA377 .A5664 2011||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 193-196) and index.
- Notation.- Preliminaries.- Some Fixed Point Theorems.- Local and Global Inversion Theorems.- Leray-Schauder Topological Degree.- An Outline of Critical Points.- Bifurcation Theory.- Elliptic Problems and Functional Analysis.- Problems with A Priori Bounds.- Asymptotically Linear Problems.- Asymmetric Nonlinearities.- Superlinear Problems.- Quasilinear Problems.- Stationary States of Evolution Equations.- Appendix A Sobolev Spaces.- Exercises.- Index.- Bibliography.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780817681135 20160606
- Publisher's Summary
- This self-contained textbook provides the basic, abstract tools used in nonlinear analysis and their applications to semilinear elliptic boundary value problems and displays how various approaches can easily be applied to a range of model cases. Complete with a preliminary chapter, an appendix that includes further results on weak derivatives, and chapter-by-chapter exercises, this book is a practical text for an introductory course or seminar on nonlinear functional analysis.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780817681135 20160606
- Supplemental links
Contributor biographical information
Table of contents only
- Publication date
- Progress in nonlinear differential equations and their applications ; v. 82
Browse related items
Start at call number: