Differentiating instruction : matching strategies with objectives
- Marie Menna Pagliaro.
- Lanham : Rowman & Littlefield Education, c2011.
- Physical description
- vii, 85 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
LB1031 .P33 2011
- Unknown LB1031 .P33 2011
- Pagliaro, Marie Menna, 1934-
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 77-83).
- Introduction Part I How to Acquire Teaching Strategies and Improve Your Performance Chapter 1 Implementing Teaching Strategies Part I Summary Part II Teacher-Centered Strategies Chapter 2 Concept Attainment Chapter 3 Concept Formation Chapter 4 The Advance Organizer Chapter 5 Direct Instruction Chapter 6 Modeling Chapter 7 The Lecture Part II Summary Part III Student-Centered Strategies Chapter 8 Problem-Based Learning Chapter 9 Cooperative Learning Chapter 10 Mastery Learning Chapter 11 Learning Activity Centers (Learning Stations) Part III Summary References.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- In this book you will improve the instructional strategies you are currently using and learn new ones to add to your repertoire. Accomplishing this task will provide you the variety that will better match different kinds of objectives with corresponding instruction and help you deal more successfully with the diverse needs of students in your class. Possessing a strong range of instructional strategies will also give you the flexibility to make your classes more interesting and brain-compatible. Since having a number of different strategies will keep your students more meaningfully engaged in the instructional process, student misbehavior will tend to decrease thereby minimizing your stress level. The book explains when it would be most appropriate to use each strategy and includes the theory behind the strategy and how it can be implemented. Coaching rubrics allow teachers to assess their current mastery of skills and, when necessary, improve performance.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 9781610484596 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 1610484592 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 9781610484602 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1610484606 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781610484619 (ebook)
- 1610484614 (ebook)