Creating a culture for high-performing schools : a comprehensive approach to school reform, dropout prevention, and bullying behavior
- Cletus R. Bulach, Fred C. Lunenburg, and Les Potter.
- 2nd ed.
- Lanham, Md. : Rowman & Littlefield Education, c2011.
- Physical description
- xi, 188 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
LB2822.82 .B85 2011
- Unknown LB2822.82 .B85 2011
- Includes bibliographical references.
- PART I: SCHOOL REFORM PROCESSES 1 A Four-Step Process for Identifying and Reshaping the Culture of a School: Phase 1 2 Implementing a Plan to Improve the Climate and Culture of the School: Phase 1 Continued 3 Power and Authority: Nine Techniques for Motivating Faculty and Students 4 Four Types of School Culture 5 A Character Education Program That Is the Foundation of a High-Performing School: Phase 4 PART II: ENHANCING A SCHOOL'S CULTURE AND CLIMATE 6 Six Strategies for Enhancing a School's Culture and Climate PART III: LEADERSHIP SKILLS NEEDED 7 Cultivating Community, Culture, and Learning 8 Professional Development 9 Management of the Program PART IV: INTERGROUP PROCESSES 10 Developing Interpersonal Relations 11 Self-Disclosure 12 Developing Trust 13 Values Clarification 14 Improving Communication Skills 15 Resolving Conflicts PART V: PROGRAM PLANNING 16 Design for Learning 17 Assessing Students' Interests and Attitudes PART VI: ASSESSMENT 18 Conferencing: Reporting Student Progress 19 Program Evaluation.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- A high-performing school is described as one where student achievement is high and student and teacher absenteeism is low. Student behavior is such that teachers seldom have to control them or tell them what to do. This results in greater time on task, higher teacher morale, low teacher absenteeism, and improved parental support. One other distinctive feature of a high-performing school is that the student peer group is a positive force and not a negative force. The end result is a school culture where faculty and students trust and care about each other, and there is a cooperative attitude.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 9781610483216 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 1610483219 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 9781610483223 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1610483227 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781610483230 (electronic)
- 1610483235 (electronic)